Spyderco Spyderench

nightshade

Enlightened
Has Spyderco stopped production of the Spyderench? Mine is perhaps 4 years old.I purchased another through a knife forum member as a birthday gift for my brother.Could not find any web shops with any in stock.

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
They have stopped production for now, but will resume when they work out some manufacturing issues. So said Sal over on Blade forums.

nightshade

Enlightened
Joe and Jon, I'll p.m . you both if I find a realistically priced stash.I knew I should have purchased more,that manufab issue sounds kinda permanent,lot's of costly to produce machining on these.It's such a strong steel on the Spyderench.Oh well,maybe time to begin the begging rounds of e-mail to Spyderco.

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
nightshade, thanks for the consideration.
Sal Glesser says they are coming back, but no firm date. Might have to pick up a leftover, and then a new one to compare when they come out, Hmmm.

ferreter

Newly Enlightened
JoeBob: Was that $120 US??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I'm Glad I picked up my one for $100 AUS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I only picked it up cause i'm addicted to multi tools and it looked good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif but now It's part of my EDC, It's so dang handy!

Ferreter

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
Yep, two on ebay right now. $119.50, and $108.50 US!
Yikes! I handled one at a knife shop for $79 a few years ago, should have grabbed one then.