standard e2e switch peculiarity

roguesw

Enlightened
Hi there, has anyone found that by twisting the standard e2e twisty switch almost to lock out position, you can vary the pressure needed to activate the switch? found this out by accident, as i was having trouble with the light turning on while in my pants.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, rogue, it seems to be the same for most twistie tailcaps for some other lights I own too... so apart from LO and non-LO, there's the in between 'MLO' (Might LockOut) mode as well... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep bit does happen my 6p and X5 do this too - makes it easy to do the surefire gun/light technique if you turn them nearly to constant on

nirad

Enlightened
Yes, I too have experienced "Mr. Hotpockets" one day at a production meeting at work. This also spent my batteries. Guess It wasn't locked out all the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe I neeed to try a Z57 clickie to see how that works out?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've found that the optimum pressure required to activate the switch on both standard sized and E series surefires is attained by backing off the tailcap exactly half a turn from the point the light goes constant-on.

roguesw

Enlightened
chamenos, thats where i have my one set too as well, just the right amount of pressure requried for lock out and to depress to light,
cool ones mate
Des

HunterSon

Enlightened
I find that the E series LOTC work much better if one coil is cut off the top of the spring. It reduces the pressure needed to use the momentary switch and seems to make the lock out work better too.