??? LED BLUE-GREEN "Nichia" NSPE510S

APW

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

OK, it's hard to get cheap blue-green LED in UK and here is a good chance for me.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1303036306

But I am not familiar with this Nichia part no. NSPE510S. If anyone could possibly know anything about this LED, it would be a great help to me.

I know Photon IIs use something like NSPE590BS. So many many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Andy

Mike

Newly Enlightened
Gransee said in a previous post that he uses the Nichia NSPE510S, DT rank in his turquoise Arc AAA. I have one and it puts out a nice fairly even light. Hope that helps.

APW

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks very much for the reply.
But I can't understand the difference in intensity between the Arc AAA and the spec from Nichia Website.

Arc AAA - 10,400 MCD Turquoise LED 30 degree(Arc website)

Nichia NSPE510S - 3400 MCD 30 degree (Nichia spec)

Is it because of the reflector on the Arc AAA?

Cheers,
Andy

Mike

Newly Enlightened
It looks like that 3400 MCD rating is at the typical 10mA drive current. That caught my attention also. It is strange they rated it at 10mA typical.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
APW. Thanks for the Ebay hint. I just now went to Ebay.USA and did a "buy it now" on Nichia's NSPW500BS. The cost was $2.40USD + $1.00 S&H. Per the auction, I can buy from 1ea. to a 100ea. with a flat $1.00 s&h. I want 15-20ea. for myself. Anyone else want 80-85? BTW, I cannot find NSPE's at Nichia site. What is it?
confused.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike:
It looks like that 3400 MCD rating is at the typical 10mA drive current. That caught my attention also. It is strange they rated it at 10mA typical.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I asked my rep about that and he said that was because the largest purchaser of blue-greens is the traffic light industry. Although the part will handle high currents just as well as the other Nichia LEDs, the traffic signals underdrive them to increase their efficiency and lifespan.

Peter

APW

Newly Enlightened
Hi phred,
http://www.nichia.com/led/chart.gif

The chart shows you the Nichia series and colour, Blue-Green LED is situated at region no. 2 and that is NSPE range.

If you want to know the detail specifications, you can go to the online purchase area of Nichia.com and each product they sell will link to detail info.

Cheers,
Andy