Best way to lockout a G2

SSW

Newly Enlightened
I want to EDC my G2 in my messenger bag, but i'm afraid it will turn on. Whats the best way to lock it out? Flip one of the cells?

Thanks SSW

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

Why not get a Clickie TailCap for it.
There are several different Clickie TailCap options.
Al-swts.jpg

[The Z59 is Black and not HA Black]

The Clickie TailCaps can be locked out.

Al

capnal

Enlightened
this has been covered in other threads in the past.
from what I recall, just untwist the tail like and then untwist the head. Some say full turn, some say half and even quarter.

I don't even bother lokcing out my G2. I carry it in my Surefire V-25 holster and there is no problem with accidental turn on.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF SSW, and why dontcha stay awhile!

And as also covered by older threads, you can mod it with a Garrity switch or an Ozark, as detailed by these instructions from 03lab:
O3lab mod instructions

You could search for Garrity or Ozark and G2 on the search page (use a "+" symbol before words you definitely want hits for, like "+garrity +G2")

welcome again,
daloosh

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best way is unscrewing the head a little until the light wont come on anymore.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Eric, that the best way. Turn light one, unscrew bezel till light goes out. I then unscrew tail a little bit, also.

Bill

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I replaced mine with an Inova X5. Too much hassle to lock out the G2.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I enjoy having both of those lights and don't worry about accidental turn on because it doesn't happen often - for me anyway. The X5T uses the G2's old cells.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
True Jayflash, I have since picked up a Z2 with the high output light, so I'll have plenty of old 123's to use in my Inova X5.

Blades

i7r7

Newly Enlightened
Jayflash, that's the exact combination of lights that I use (unfortunately the only 2 lights I have at the moment). However, I give my Inova X5t the new batteries and after 20 minutes of using the G2/P61, the virtually new batteries X5 batteries go into the G2. I like it when everything runs at full power.

Anyway, back on topic.

I have said this before in other threads, the outside larger spring on the lamp assembly must be shorter than the inside smaller spring for the bezel lockout. Different spring lengths result in different people's lamp assemblies requiring more or less turns to lockout.

Personally, I always have my G2 in my pocket, never it accidentally turned on. Therefore I rarely ever have to lockout.

Jeff

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would advise you to get a lock-out tail-cap for the G2Z. They are available in black or olive-drabbed. Currently no yellow. That is if color matching is important to you. If color matching is not important then by all means get the clickie as what Al suggested.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Al, what's the function of the smaller button/cap/connector (I just don't know what it is) on the XMxx tailcap?

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's for a tape pressure switch of cable length "xx" to be connected (for example: XM08 the cable is 8" long)

SureFire%20XM%20&%20UM%20TailCaps.jpg

Click here for a photo of the XM on a WeaponLight.

Al

greenLED

Flashaholic
You are really the Surefire-Man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Thanks, Al.

So, when's Brock gonna fix your photo link? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
i7r7 said:

I have said this before in other threads, the outside larger spring on the lamp assembly must be shorter than the inside smaller spring for the bezel lockout. Different spring lengths result in different people's lamp assemblies requiring more or less turns to lockout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that I should trim the outside spring to make it shorter than the inner spring? My G2 will not lockout the light until it is completely unscrewed from the body....

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever Al says, listen to it for he is the SureFire man all the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif al-> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
(I should put that in my bio)

Size15's

Flashaholic
I doubt Brock is ever going to fix the link. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

It's like I'm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
awww...

It's like you've had that sig since the day I started lurking (months before I joined), till today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif