This site is a bad influence!!!

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
First I read about the Thor and thats a given, any man with a love for flashlights has got to have it. Then the LED craze nibbles at me so I get the Pelican M6 from Batterystation and just picked up my Princeton Tec Attitudes (4) from REI this weekend. NOW I am reading about the TriStar Phazer from Elektrolumens! My bank account is suffering and I keep telling myself "This will be the last light, I won't need anymore after this." Well, if I do decide to go for the TSP am I making a good choice? Part of the way I am rationalizing it is that at 216 lumens it really will be the last LED I "need" to have.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I really like my TSP, I am the idiot that started the THOR 10MILLION CP thread. I think you will really like the TSP
however it is unlikely to be your last. Something always seems to catch your eye and you say "Just one more will do it" good luck
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Welcome! (Yes, you are doomed!) ("...last LED I "need" to have." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif )

Larry

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Tri-Star Phazer and since then my lights have been smaller. You are addicted.

Tri-Star_JPG.jpg

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Yep. This site is darn sure a bad influence!

I think I MIGHT have been on the cutting edge (first to discover a good sale or a good light somewhere) maybe twice, but maybe only once.

Everything else I have bought (well over 100 lights) I learned about here first.

I well and truly don't need anymore. But I have already paid for an Elektrolumens XM3 and a Lambda 3W Pill. And I expect to buy an Inova T3 when I can.

I got it bad!!!!

2dim

Enlightened
Oh man, now I want one! I guess the only way to handle all this is to sell older lights to balance newer purchases. If we can just suck more newbies into our addictive little obsession, we may yet come out ahead... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, i got track marks from this damn place. e2D, ultra G's, soon to own lamda pill, ministar2's, and L2, none of which I knew of till
I stumbled into this looney bin. VDG

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I have those "need" lights like the Surefire 6P, and L1 Then there are the brinkman Ledgends and the Streamlight scorpin, and the TT AAA and that TT 3C... the Arc4+, and AAA, The Inova 24/7 X1, X5, X5T and X0 (planing to get a T3), the Infinity Ultra, and the Ultra G, the 2 2D mags the 3D mag and the 4D mag, not to mention the 2C with a LED or that 2D that runs off recharables.

Wait.... thats just most of the handheld light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2dim

Enlightened
I came to the light
I saw the light
I bought the light
I bought another

Well, you all know the rest...

mapson

Enlightened
This site has hurt my wallet more than I could ever imagine AND I'm not even buying the high cost lights! Before coming, I was happy with my Maglites, now, look at my sig to see what has caught my fancy.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Yup, the list of lights I want grows as fast as my bank account shrinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

level_199

Newly Enlightened
I'm one newbie who's logging on about once a hour just to see what's come up for sale! Just bought a new ArcAA and can't stop wanting something brighter and with more "bells and whistle". I hope a used high-end Arc will satisfy me for a little while.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I well and truly don't need anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you don't have a Surefire.. I think you NEED one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Get the G2 or the 6P, they're cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got the same problem
i started with a minimag when i was about 12ish
then i got a 3d mag for my 14th birthday
that did me till i started security at age 19
i used the mag for 6 months then decided to go and get something better
ended up with a SF6P and a Pelican M11
then got a SL stinger XT
then a Pelican Sabrelite
then a few little lights (infinity, infinity ultra, PT blast)
then a thor
then i broke my stinger
so i got a Pila GLX3r
i also have a SF L4 and today i went and bought a UKE Q40
now i want to get Pilas for my L4 and a Led Mod for my 3Dmag
the bank account is getting very low

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny how innocently it starts. I went in search of the ultimate answer to the Solitaire, and found the Surefire E1e. I would have been quite happy except that I used to so much the bulb blew, so I thought about a LED conversion, figuring it would be the last light I would ever need to buy. (you can see the pattern starting here.)

Then I found this sick website called candlepowerforums.com that talked endlessly about the KL1, the KL4, and lights of strange and wonderful ways. The last straw breaks the camel's back.

Last week, parts for my Lux3/BB500 sandwich came in, today, an ArcAAA arrived, I'm waiting on a WY0U LuxeonV, rechargeable 123s and charger, and....I'm beyond hope. save meeeeeeeeee!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how innocently it starts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too... I just wanted a reliable light to carry while motorcycle traveling. Now I have 20+ lights on the shelf and can't decide which ones to take. And still trying to figure out how to pay for a couple of those SureFire LED lights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

JB

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I well and truly don't need anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you don't have a Surefire.. I think you NEED one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Get the G2 or the 6P, they're cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But I do have a Surefire... 2 in fact.

G2 with Garrity Clickie, and G2 with Garrity Clickie and KL3 LED head.

I NEED an E2E and a KL1... yeah, right!

(and I swear I responded to this earlier, where did it go?)

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The older people on this forum will know what this means.

When I give a flashlight as a gift, I always tell 'em, "go ahead.. the first one's free." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
It's funny how innocently it starts...

[/ QUOTE ]
Ain't that the truth...I started my website with two CMG Infinity flashlights - a red one and a yellow one.
Now I've got no fewer than 400 flashlights, lasers, and other things that glow. Mostly flashlights though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I've got at least 33 of them right here at the computer and at least ten more hanging from a tripod right next to me.
And that's just an approximate estimate. There could very well be more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
Ain't that the truth...I started my website with two CMG Infinity flashlights - a red one and a yellow one.
Now I've got no fewer than 400 flashlights, lasers, and other things that glow. Mostly flashlights though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I've got at least 33 of them right here at the computer and at least ten more hanging from a tripod right next to me.
And that's just an approximate estimate. There could very well be more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Soo... what's your adress.. and when are you away at work... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif C'mon, you wouldn't even notice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif