Charger Recommendation - Nimh, liion, nicd

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)
I am looking for a recommendation for a charger that primarily charges NiMH individually, and if possible, LiIon, and or NiCd.

First and foremost is that it does NiMH well and individually. I would prefer that it do AA, AAA, C, D and even 9V, but 9V is not as necessary.

I currently have a MaHA C204F, and I have noticed that it charges only in pairs, so when I have my dead batts pile of batts, and I charge 2 batts not necessarily at the same drain, even if I discharge them (on the charger), they discharge as a pair, and consequently come off of the charger not so great.

Thanks for reading,

tysonb

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Accumanager 20 charger from Thomas Distributing. Has 4 individual slots for AAA, AA, C or D and 2 9V slots. However, only works with NiCd and NiMH, not Li-Ions. But it's a great charger, though not the fastest (Though charging time depends on the charge still left in the battery).

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Tysonb,

Check out the Vanson BC-1HU. It will charge (and discharge) NiMh and NiCd AAA, AA, C, D, and 9v.

I am not sure what would be a good choice for LiIon.

Tom

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
look at the threads for DIY lion charger and universal lion charger. I just made a complete Lion charger 1/2 the size of a stamp.. it's as big as my thumbnail... need to attache to a power source and a battery of course.

-awr