sale of Alkaline Batteries this week @ Krogers

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you have a Kroger supermarket nearby - this week they have their own brand alkaline batteries on their 10 for $10 sales flyer.

That's packs of
4x AAA
4x AA
2x C
2x D
1x 9V

I thought these were pretty good prices for alkaline batteries.

Note: you don't need to buy 10 things -
the items will ring up at $1 per pack.

Edit to add - you do need one of their Kroger Plus savings cards to get that price -
but application is free, and often the cashier will scan a "courtesy" card if you ask.....
the Sale is until and including this Saturday Jan/29/2005

KrogerBattSale.jpg

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry this is a bit late -
this sale is on again this week at Krogers -
it's valid thru tomorrow - Saturday April/30/2005.

It's about the cheapest I've seen for Alkaline batteries at a local retail type store. A good price to stock up.

The ones I just saw today were all dated for March/2009.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 10 for $10 sale of alkaline batteries is on again this week at Krogers supermarket - last day Saturday Feb/25/2006 - no need to buy 10 things - the batteries all ring up at $1 per pack -
4x AA
4x AAA
2x C
2x D
1x 9V

The packs say the batteries are made in USA.

The best before dates were mostly still Mar/2009, although the 2x C I just bought was Mar/2010.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
My local Big Lots (central NC) has 4-packs of AA and AAA Panasonic alkalines for $1 each also. Dates are for 2009 and 2010. Made in either USA, Indonesia or Japan if I remember correctly.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
funny I was just heading over to mention this. a pack of 4 for a dollar is excellent. I bought 10 packs (though I know that their pricing policy doesn't make you, it's still an excellent excuse to buy some extra :D ) of the AA's as they didn't have any others left. perhaps I'll head back before saturday to get some more. In my informal testing these run very close to or as good as any of the nationally advertised brands. Probably made by the same factory ;)

Ikonomi

Enlightened
I guess I will pick some up. I'm running out of AAAs for my River Rock lights and can't find a good deal on lithiums.

Thanks for the heads up!

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The same alkaline battery sale is on again at Kroger this week -
last day Saturday March/25/2006.

There seems to be a pattern of the sale occuring once a month starting on a Sunday that's about the 18th-23rd of the month

Last edited:

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
same 10 for $10 sale is on again this week at Kroger
(actually was on all of last week too)
- valid until Sat Apr/29

My local Kroger alkalines are mostly still best before dated March/2009.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How good are this alkalines? I am interested in the D size. better hurry sale ends today right?

Thanks