What exactly is the Aleph3?

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep hearing references to some sort of super-light known as the Aleph3... Is it really THAT good? I have never seen it before... How does it look?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-tom

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Tom, there's an Aleph FAQ in McGizmo's forum. I can't answer your question myself, but this might help you out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out McGizmo's website. It's a super-dooper thrower made to order. Mine's a LuxIII, and between Chop's building skill and the McE2S tailcap, yes, it is that good. Mine hangs out right next to the bed, the low setting is a great everyday light. If you really need some light, just hit the button and WHAM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Tom,

Throw is the name of the game with the Aleph 3 with a Lux III. I needed a light to illuminate shadows in ambient light. I got an 8NX that works well, but thought I should have an LED powerhouse as well. The Aleph 3 gives the 8NX a run for the money.

Versatility is another name of the game with the Aleph 3. I have a DB917 light engine and run it on 2 x CR123, 2 x R-CR123, 3 x CR123, 2 x Pila 150s, 4 x 123, and 2 x Pila 168s.

Upgrade ability is another name of the game with the Aleph 3. If a better LED comes out, just switch it out on the light engine. If you want to play with a 5 watt LED, get another light engine and swap it out. If the two stage tail cap is not quite right, just switch the resistor board out. The combinations are endless.

I will add that this light looks good on the mantle, hangs good in a holster, and is a pleasure to use.

I had Darell build mine and he did a good job.

Tom

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Aleph3NAT.jpg

Aleph3 head on E2e body and Aleph STandard 2-Stage Tailcap

Aleph3UBH.jpg

Aleph3 on Brass UBH

bernhard

P.S.: for more info, read the Aleph-FAQ in the McGizmo forum.