Battery Holders for Small Quantities of Batteries

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I received an order from InAnyCase for a couple of their battery cases. I'm quite happy with both, so I thought I share some info. My order was shipped within 48 hours.

Each case was inside a styrofoam sleeve, so they arrived in perfect condition. Unlike some cheap, plastic cases, the fit of both cases is very good. No warped surfaces or defects of any kind.

The first case is their CR123 Battery Case
4710368-CR123BatteryCase.png

It uses a soft, synthetic rubber tray to snugly hold up to 6 123 batteries. The tray is removable. Although it isn't waterproof, they do seem to be splash proof, but they won't withstand a complete dunk. The upside, though, is they won't trap gases inside in the event you have a bad cell. The lid presses down slightly on the cells when closed so there won't be any rattling of the batteries. The snap closures are very positive and won't be easily knocked loose. Cost was $4.99 each, since I bought 4. If you buy less than 4, they are $5.99. This case is available for other sizes of batteries, such as AA and AAA.

The second case is their Batuca Battery Case
4710369-BatucaBatteryCase.png

Designed to handle 123's, AA's, or even AAA's, this is a very flexible way to carry just a few batteries of various styles. The dual-color design is a great way to keep charged batteries separated from depleted ones.

Here's a close up of the Batuca
4710371-BatucaBatteryCase.png

Note the ridges inside each cell's cylinder. They serve two purposes - to grip AA-size cells so that they don't rattle or fall out. They also serve as a "ledge" for 123's to rest on. Once the lip is snapped shut, 123's are also held firmly so that they don't rattle either. The Batuca costs $5.89 each, and you can specify one of several colors for each half. I liked green to indicate charged cells, orange for depleted.

4710373-BatucaBatteryCase.png

If you use the Batuca to hold cells that are AAA-size or smaller, they can slip through the gaps, so you'd need to be careful that the cells don't shift around.

4710374-BatucaBatteryCase.png

Another nice feature of the Batuca is a tongue and groove mechanism to hold the two halves together. The halves are held together well, but you also have the option of only using one half at a time.

If you're looking for a well-built, reasonably priced way to carry 4-8 CR123's, AA's, a combination of CR123's and AA's, or smaller batteries, either of these might be what you're looking for.