'07 toyoya fj cruiser

Razor

Newly Enlightened
Re: '07 toyoya fj cruiser flashlight

redvalkyrie said:
You have it backwards...the Hummer is a ripoff of the original FJ Land Cruisers which were, and still are, some of the best off road vehicles ever made.

Redvalkyrie has that right, although I'm not completely sure whether or not the Hummer was originally a rip off of the FJ's. This new FJ is--as tacky as it looks--is an admirable throwback to the original FJ styling cues, which looked like the love-child between a Jeep Wrangler and a Land Rover Defender 90. As far as which model came into existence first may be a different story. Another point one has to give Toyota admiration for is their birthing of what is essentially identical to the original FJ Cruiser prototype when it was first revealed in 03 or 04. Too often does a company show off an eye-popping and outlandish design as a prototype, only to put it into production with only a shadow of the glamour it had on the show floor.

As far as off road capabilites, the consensus is that it does a decent job. For heavier duties, however, it may fail on two accounts (at least the most prevalent ones I can see). The first is it has independent suspension up front, where a solid axle would be much more welcome to take the brunt of powering into boulders. The second is the ridiculously exposed exhaust plumbing. The pipe crosses from one side of the drive shaft to the other half way down the chassis, but for some reason, they have decided to snake it under the shaft, right in the path of off road debris. It's like suiting up for football but forgetting the cup.

nakahoshi said:
Actually thats for attaching a shopping cart, see, you push it out of the store, and run the hook and wire towards your cart. Then, you can pull your cart back to your FJ and not have to push it. It really is ground breaking Yesterday 05:47 PM

:crackup:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: '07 toyoya fj cruiser flashlight

eh, just another starbucks car for most buyers. I don't care how well it did in a car magazine test, the vast majority of buyers will be suburban rich kids with too much money on their hands.

The people I know that use their vehicles offroad drive older all-metal trucks. They may be less flashy but when push comes to shove their trucks can tow a house.

It's a brilliant marketing scheme to attract the generation raised playing Mattel die-cast cars. No thanks.

Last edited:

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
i didn't realize this car was such an opinionated car around here. My uncle has one of these. At first i saw it was a bit weird with the 2 tone paint job and protruding tail lights but i see its purpose. Of course im pretty sure my uncle would never use it for that

Latest posts