123 Battery Carrier

FX67

Newly Enlightened
Once again returning to 123 carriers. I found that spare screws carrier supplied with many toolsets is ideal as a tough (looks like Lexan) waterproof carrier that could be carried in V82 holster (e2e type) or with additional rubber cap attached to backpack. This is extremely low weight and cheap solution and could be customized to carry from 1 to 3 batteries (just cut to lengths).

1.jpg

Rubber caps are tight fitting and water tight

2.jpg

Slides nicely in to V82 holster for easy carry. I also added Rubber ring to carry F04 beam shaper on top.

5.jpg

Ring prevents tube from touching glass.

6.jpg

Another option is carry it attached to something, and rubber cap (not sure where I've got it) with clip attached.

7.jpg

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif Excellent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Start Production.
I am using APS film cans which are OK, but not easy to carry except in your pocket or pack. The carabiner clip is great-attach to belt loop, backpack or anything.

Nice work.
Mark

Stream

Enlightened
Lools like a good fit, I'll have too be on the lookout for something like that. I carry my spare 123s in a holster that came with a small pocket multitool. They fit nicely without touching anything that could cause a short circuit, but it's not weather proof like your tube.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I really like that setup, especially the last pic with the cap w/ loop. I'd buy one just like it if you made it for a reasonable price.

*Bryan*

Enlightened
That is awesome, where can we get one.
I was just thinking about battery carriers. I have pelican cases but they are noisy with the batteries moving around.

I thought I saw battery sleeves somewhere but can't remember where.

FX67

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I am not sure where I've got that rubber end. I think something like this is available from fishing store (floatant holder for fly fishing) as for a tube it is from a small toolbox. Check around in the hardware sore (online). One that I like has a sort rubber plugs, one more that I have has harder plastic plugs but slightly thicker plastic tube.

TOB9595

Enlightened
That is a cool carrier. I particularly like the clip end. I'll watch out for those.

Here's what I use...Don't use the APC film containers much anymore...
You can get free APC canisters from any photo processing place...Walmart, Target, etc.
The plastic pipe is 3/4 od CPVC with 3/4 CPVC caps. ~ $2 for a ten foot length..Home depot will cut it down for carry. Cut with most anything. Saw, pipe cutter, I use a ratchet plastic pipe cutter. Cut to any length you want. My usual is 4x123.
battstorage.jpg

Tom