Great 2C LED Victorinox Light

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
This beautiful one watt Luxeon, aluminum, reflectored, heavy duty, regulated (it seems) solid, good looking, shelf queen quality light made by Emissive Energy for "Swiss Army" is quite a good value at the $28.50 (shipping included) that I paid. I can't believe the price isn't a mistake at this build quality.

Thanks to NutSAK for informing me of this beauty. Try the new link below for a glimpse of the AA model - the 2C is just larger by a bit. It's 1.5"/38mm bezel tapers to 1.25/32mm" for the length of the 7" barrel. NiMh works as well as alkaline cells and both show a 900 mAh drain. The broad spot is flawless and has good spill. Output is greater than a Fenix L1P and more like a Q3 with LiIon cells. Color is the best of my LED lights but that's not real important for me.

It tail stands, has a lanyard, lifetime warranty, but the plastic lens, twist head switch and only one "speed" may be concerns for some users. provide a Try [email protected] for PayPal.

This light does enough things right for my purposes that I may order more - they'd make B-E-A-U-T-U-I-F-U-L gifts. The raised emblem may be a bit ostentatious for some but others will like the bit of glitz it provides.

Edited for proper (approximate) size measurements.

Last edited:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try [email protected] for ordering info...I hope the addy works - been having difficulties with my lack of PC correctness.

Another goof is that my Q3 had a regular CR123 not a Li Ion cell in it. The Q3/Li Ion is a little brighter than the V2C. The 900 mAh seems a bit high for the output but C cells, especially NiMH will provide good runtime.

I'm still unsure if it's regulated but the output has been steady and used alks seemed to show only a small decrease in metered output.

Anyone else have this light? Interest in the 2C format has been expressed in previous threads but not too much activity follows. Oh well, I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is definetely a nice looking light and would be a really nice light to give as a gift because of the appearance,output,and common batteries. Could someone do a runtime graph?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
thanks to who??? :crackup: :) sorry couldnt resist.... interesting light... they have some more info here:

www.pocketlights.com/blog

-David

Hey! :lolsign:

Here's a good link for info (scroll down the page a bit):

http://felinevet.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Felinevet is an awesome guy to deal with. You won't find better prices than his. I've bought MANY knives from him and his service is top notch. All proceeds go to helping FVEAP (Feline Vet Emergency Assistance Program).

I'm glad you liked the light jayflash--I was hoping that I wasn't steering you wrong. I'll have to buy one of these after reading your review. Thanks!

Last edited:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link assist, Mr. Legume Container ;) Hey, I like your handle...er, ah, username. We wouldn't want any words to have their meaning misconstrued, would we?

The chosen level of brightness seems to be a good compromise in that any brighter and it would be too much for camping or night hiking. Any dimmer and it's moderate throw would be diminished. The beamspread is a nice balance tending toward close to moderate distance useage. While most of us would really like two or three levels, at this price the light is easy to use and may appeal to the person who will appreciate a step up from M^g quality without confusing frills.

I'm impressed with the thick battery tube walls and how solid the light feels, in fact, it may be too heavy for some us used to small lithium powered lights.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
NutSAK is right a about the person who runs felinevet. He happens to be a friend of our family, and I have watched him take orders, and ship them out the same day. He has excellent prices on all of his products (he specializes in Victorinox knives), and all of his earnings from his web stores go to his nonprofit feline project.

Bill

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
jayflash said:
Thanks for the link assist, Mr. Legume Container ;) Hey, I like your handle...er, ah, username. We wouldn't want any words to have their meaning misconstrued, would we?

No, no no! We wouldn't want that! I, of course, had nothing of that sort in mind when I created the name. :grin2:

What else would a Swiss Army Knife Nut call himself? SAKNut? I think not!

:whistle:

VICTORINOX RULES!!!!

Bill, you're a lucky man knowing Tim personally. He is one-of-a-kind. ;)

Last edited:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are no runtime tests of the Victorinox 2C that I'm aware of. These lights are based off the Inova Radiant models, but supposedly have better heatsinking due to the aluminum body. You might want to search for a Radiant 2C review, but I've been unable to find one.

Last edited:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I corrected my measurements in the first post. Stack three D cells and that's the size of the V2C...OK add 1/4" or 6mm extra for one (bezel) end's diameter.