Run-Time Plot - Gerber Foreman Task Light

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
These runtime plots are for the Gerber Foreman Task Light using a white, red, green or blue LED using 2xAAA alkaline batteries

Equipment used is a Extech Mdl 401021 Light Adapter into a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface using Scopeview software (V 1.08).

The vertical axis is in mVdc. The horizontal axis isi n units of time (1 hr/div).

Be aware that your actual battery milage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

Runtime to 50% of max brightness for the WHITE led = 9 hr 4m
ger-w.jpg

Runtime to 50% of max brightness for the GREEN led = 10 hr
ger-g.jpg

Runtime to 50% of max brightness for the BLUE led = 10 hr 16 m
ger-b.jpg

Runtime to 50% of max brightness for the RED led = 10 hr 22 m
ger-w.jpg

Roy

The Gerber Foreman Task Light is a 2xAAA pen light that uses 4 seperate leds...White, Red, Green, and Blue. The first pic shows the light with the LEDs along side the light. The other pics show the holster that comes with the light.

ger-3.jpg
ger-2.jpg
ger-1.jpg

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thanks, Roy. This is another one of those little lights I've been tempted to try. Looks like it has good regulation.

Geoff

Roy

It does look regulated. Wonder what one can make of the fact that all 4 leds have the same (or nearly the same) runtime...10 hours is pretty good runtijme.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy said:
The Gerber Foreman Task Light is a 2xAAA pin light that uses 4 seperate leds...]

Thanks for the excellent runtimes and pics Roy.

I've always been a sucker for penlights, but already have more penlights than I know what to do with. However, this one does intrigue me...

What is your general impression of the Foreman? Does it seem fairly well made?

I was sort of concerned about the long term durability of the mating system between the body and LED heads.

Thanks again.

Roy

All parts of the light screw together. The one point of concern is that the light is made out of a non-conducting material (plastic?) and the threads are very fine threaded and are easy to cross-thread. One of the advertised uses for the light is inspection work....looking into dark confined spaces...thus the need for a non-conducting flashlight.

Latest posts