Wiseled Adapt Review

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was lucky enough to be able to acquire a Wiseled Adapt some time ago and wanted to post my opinion. First off the specifications.

Specifications

• 1 LED Efficiency 140 Lumen

420 Lumen with 3LED

• LED lifetime + 50,000 hours

• Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion

• Battery capacity: 12 volt 2.2 amps

• 1 LED Efficiency 140 Lumen

(with 3 LED head 420 Lumen)

• LED lifetime + 50,000 hours

• Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion

• Battery capacity: 12 volt 2.2 amps

light output duration: 100%: 240 min; 70%: 600 min; 35%: 1200 min

• Attachable via inbuilt magnet. Magnet strength 4.6 kg

• Dimmable: 15 steps

• Submersible: 300 feet

• Lens: 4 degree

• Anodized Aerospace grade aluminum

• Strobe effect: 150% (non-lethal weapon)

• Pre-programmable: SOS or warning function

• Usable light: Range min. 300 feet (1 lux)

• Signaling: 3 miles in clear weather

• Weight: 381 grams / 13.6 oz

• Body diameter: 46 mm / 1.6"

• Overall length: 15.0 cm / 6"

• 1 lens, 3 lens solution. Standard emitting colors: White, red, green, blue, amber, yellow (ultraviolet, infrared)

Wiseled has posted a User Guide video of the Adapt which can be seen here
http://www.wiseled.com/index.aspx?articleid=+981+981

The Wiseled modularity video can be seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa3j5xTmwCg

I'm pretty impressed with the light the size is just right, not to big not to small. The output on maximum is impressive for a light of this size. The black coating is pretty durable and to me seems like HAIII Hard Anodize as it passed the knife test.

Another cool feature of this light is when it's used with the Lighline accessory you could use this as a headlamp the lightline is a 3 foot super flexible cable that goes in-between the body and head.

The Adapt has a powerful magnet built into the base so the light can be used as a signaling device. When the light is attached to a metal surface it depresses the tailswitch and engages the lights strobe mode.

This can be seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RavIXCRDCsE

I couple months ago I was able to compared the Adapt to a Custom 3x, 3watt UWOK Luxeon light with each star driven at one amp and the results where surprising. The Adapt threw noticeable farther and overall seemed brighter. The only area where the Adapt didn't overtake the Custom light was the width of the beam or side spill due to the Adapts narrow optic.

The light I had received had survived a 500 foot dive. So to say its waterproof would be an understatement :)
http://www.500feetdive.net/after_the_dive.htm

Currently the adapt charging system needs to be improved as there is no charging indicator. With no charge indicator you have no idea if the light is fully charged or not! A new updated charger is in the works and should be released soon.

Another issue I have with the Adapt and the Tactical is the fact that even when not in use the electronics seem to draw some current. This means that if the lights are not charged on a monthly bases they will be dead when you go to use the light which is not good. One of the main benefits of Lithium battery technology for the flashlight industry was very little self discharge which is now useless in these lights. So if you're going to be using these lights for daily activities and be charging them on a daily / weekly basis then you will be fine. If you want a light where you can charge and them hide it away for an emergency you will need to look elsewhere.

Pros
-Fully Adjustable output
-Multiple heads modules available in any color you prefer
-Stobe Mode
-Size of Package / Brightness
-Waterproof (Dive rated)

Cons
-Max power the head gets hot
-Currently charger has no charge indicator
-Light draws current even when off

Links

You can see all the Lightsources available here

http://www.wiseled.com/index.aspx?articleid=+916&shopCId=10&menuid=916010

Pictures

IMG_3455-vi.jpg

Compared to a Surefire E2D
IMG_3457-vi.jpg

Compared to a 1D size MagLite
IMG_3458-vi.jpg

IMG_3460-vi.jpg

IMG_3462-vi.jpg

IMG_3461-vi.jpg

BeamShots

BaseLine
Baseline_2-vi.jpg

Adapt with Tri-Led Head
Adapt-vi.jpg

MagLite with 3x UWOK 3 Watt LEDS driven at 1amp
UWOKTriLux-vi.jpg

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
question on the wiseled line of products - are all their flashlights rechargeables? I could not find any that take regular (retail) batteries.

TIA

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac,

Thanks for the review; have been interested in this light.

Regards,

jeffb

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashy bazook said:
question on the wiseled line of products - are all their flashlights rechargeables? I could not find any that take regular (retail) batteries.

TIA

I believe they are all rechargable.

Mac

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
Nice review as usual Mac. Good beamshots as well. You are correct, all of their lights currently are rechargeable.