UltraFire WF-602A1 (1AA) Upgraded to Seoul Runtime

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the runtime. Sorry, I do not have rechargeable lithium batteries to test at this time.

Ultrafire is coming out with a Cree version of the flashlight called the C3. I expect similar runtime, but the beam will not be as smooth as the Seoul, according to KaiDomain's comment about "the visible yellow ring in the beam shoot"

IMG_1059.jpg

WF-602A1_NiMH.png

IMG_1057.jpg

And here's a few beam shots of the flashlight in action to give you an idea of how bright it is on a AA. I estimate 80-90 lumens, when comparing it to the 72 lumen P1D-CE on medium:

Ultrafire WF-602A1 Seoul:
UltraFireWF-602A1_SSC-EngrPaul.jpg

Fenix P1D-CE Medium (72 lumens):
P1D-CE_Cree_Medium.jpg

L0D-CE on High:
L0D-CE_Cree_High.jpg

Lumapower F1 (1-AA):
LumaPowerF1_SSC.jpg

MiniMagLED 2AA with Seoul upgrade:
MiniMagLED_2AA_SSC-EngrPaul.jpg

Nuwai "Q3" (1-CR123) with Seoul upgrade
Nuwai_QIII_SSC-EngrPaul.jpg

Last edited:

luchs

Newly Enlightened
hi,
would you also send one to europe??
thank you and kappy easter!!!

if yes I'll take one

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the difference in upgrade emitter tints.

W0 left, V0 right... two different exposures of photos:

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Last edited:

protein_man

Newly Enlightened
Hey Paul, I modded my 602A1 a few weeks ago with a seoul led and couldn't be happier! She's beautifully floody and lights up a room - its my edc at the moment - its great. I also modded a straight ultrafire 602 with a cree, its also nice and bright but a tad ringy. I find the modded 602A1 more usefull even though it doesnt throw as far as the cree mod.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly my experience, Seoul works better than the Cree as replacement for a Luxeon emitter and stock reflector.

As my graph shows, these have no problem running NiMH cells electronically, but physically some of my newer NiMH batteries won't fit. That's why I had to test a 2500 mAh cell, the 2700 mAh were too fat.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i purchased one of EngrPaul's UF 602A1 Seoul models a couple weeks ago and it's incredible.

too bad it's not a production item because it's that good!

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, if anyone wants one of these, please post* and send me a PM.

I'll sell each one for $29, then you must also add $5 for USPS priority shipping to a USA address (only), regardless of how many you buy.

*Any "I take it's" must be followed by Paypal within 12 hours.

Here's the tints I have:
  • 1 each W0 tint (white/cool) SOLD
  • 2 each V0 tint (warm/vanilla) - SOLD
Look at post #3 above for pictures of the beams and tints.

Last edited:

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'll take another "UltraFire WF-602A1 (1AA) Upgraded to Seoul" in WO

PP headed your way for $34

thnx!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice mod. Very nice beam also, does it have a smooth reflector? I think the new c3 has OP, but your mod looks nicer.
Have you tried to run 14500 in it? If you have, how bright would you say it is, say compared to P1D CE.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lobo said:
Nice mod. Very nice beam also, does it have a smooth reflector? I think the new c3 has OP, but your mod looks nicer.
Have you tried to run 14500 in it? If you have, how bright would you say it is, say compared to P1D CE.

Hi Lobo,

The reflector is completely smooth. No OP reflector is required for the smooth beam.

Please re-read post #1 where I mentioned that I have not run lithium rechargeables, and there are also beamshots comparing this flashlight to the P1D CE. :)

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
EngrPaul said:
Hi Lobo,

The reflector is completely smooth. No OP reflector is required for the smooth beam.

Please re-read post #1 where I mentioned that I have not run lithium rechargeables, and there are also beamshots comparing this flashlight to the P1D CE. :)

Thanks. Haha, sorry, I missed that. Actually read that post a couple of times, dont know why, but alwasy thought you meant Energizer lithiums for some reason.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry about it Lobo :)

Here are some pictures of the reflector. I also wanted to show how nice shiny gold the contact surfaces are, but got a little more reflection than I wanted.

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added more "bedroom" beamshots at the bottom of page 1.

redledz

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I will take one of those V0 tinted ones. I'm sending you a PM next. Thanks

Latest posts