Gave my L1P Away - Great Story !!

Budman231

Enlightened
I've been looking at my L1P on my nightstand for a the better part of the year. It was an awesome classic light that worked great and was ahead of it's time. I enjoyed carrying it very much.

I figured it did not deserve to be put on the shelf since being replaced with the P2D/L1D-CE combo I have. So I gave it to my best buddy who's a SWAT team sniper. It has the High/Low mod so I figured he could get some good use out of it. I tossed it over to him and he was very happy. It will now become part of his tactical gear and hopefully someday light his way out of a bad situtation.

For those of you with lots of lights that don't get much use, try giving them to people who can use them. It feels great when you see the smile on their face as they fire it up and point it directly into their eyes and go WAAOOO ! That F'er is bright ! Priceless.

Happy 4th !

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
You lit up your buddy's life. :)
Bravo!

I do the same thing with pocket knives -- give 'em away to the edge-deprived.

Share the joy.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sad to say, but if I shared the joy when it comes to lights; no one I know IRL would appreciate them. :(

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad to say, but if I shared the joy when it comes to lights; no one I know IRL would appreciate them. :(

I suspect that the best light to give away to someone who may not be fond of gadgetry would be a small, simple to operate fauxton-style light for their key chain. Once installed on their keychain, it would be taken with them and they could use in an emergency.

paulr

Flashaholic
The L1p is not a tactical light but of course it can come in handy for general purpose use for anyone, including tactical operators.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect that the best light to give away to someone who may not be fond of gadgetry would be a small, simple to operate fauxton-style light for their key chain.

I've got two of those that are just waiting for the right people to come along and give them good homes.