Batteries for my Fenix flashlights

Fenixjunkie

Newly Enlightened
HI all

I need assistance with purchasing a new rechargeable 18650 for my flashlight. The flashlights that need the batteries are the Fenix Tk75 (2900 lumens addition) and my Fenix tk51 (1800 lumens).

I saw a thread that the Samsung 30Q 18650 are pretty good, but will they be able to handle the torches at high outputs?

here are some links to the batteries I am thinking of purchasing.

these are all reasonable prices, however, please advise if I must stick to the Fenix brand of batteries or if the above are suitable as they are also cheaper.

I have a Fenix ARE-A4 Battery Charger.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get Fenix's own batteries. I bought a variety of 18650 lights and the all seem to use a different length batt. There is also protected vs unprotected, flat top, etc.

DRW

Enlightened
Press the easy button and stick with Fenix.

Probably cheaper in the long run if you don't know what you don't know. The search will teach you everything you need to know.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
YES 30Q will work, they are 15A rated cells with pcb. you'll see full power even with 2 cells. just not as long as with 4. you will also be just fine with 8-10A cells, when you use 4. get protected ones, since your carrier is 2s2p. I do not think it has build in protection for each individual cell, so using unprotected is somewhat of a risk, thou i have used imr unprotected in series for decades, never had an issue,