SPY005 & 007 STFu Easter eggs thread

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Document your eggs below and I will try to keep them up to date in the first post.

Startup in Level 1
Lvl 1: SOS (too fast for coast guard code)
Lvl 2: Slow Blink
Lvl 3: Slow Pulse
Lvl 4: locks hz from set from lvl5 or lvl6
Lvl 5: decreases hz
Lvl 6: increases hz

Startup in Level 2
Lvl 1-6: Tritium emulation mode. Really, really dim on all levels. Will revert to normal once switched to Off and back on.
& Egg#7: candle flicker as described by fasteddie :candle:
1) Turn the switch to position 2 (turning clockwise... off, 1, 2).
2) Open up the battery compartment.
3) Close the battery compartment.
4) Looking at the knob, turn it to the positions in the value of pi to 5 digits (3.1415). Its like opening a combination lock or safe.
5) Since you powered up on position 2, turn the knob one click clockwise to position 3.
6) Now turn the knob counter clockwise to position 1 (count from where you are at position 3... "3...click...2...click...1") Stop at position 1
7) Now turn the knob clockwise to position 4 (since you are on position 1, count "1...click...2...click...3...click...4" Stop at position 4.
8) repeat for the last two numbers... 1 and then 5. When you get to 5, the light will get brighter and in a few seconds, start to flicker.

Startup in Level 6
Lvl 6: Starts dim and slowly ramps up. Reverts to normal operation if switched.

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Re: SPY STFu Easter eggs thread

I stood on one foot and inserted the batteries while the knob was on level three; then I waited 10 seconds and turned around 5 times counter-clockwise. Afterwards, I clucked like a chicken.

Moments later, the Goodyear blimp appeared outside my window with a rousing message of congratulations...and my name in lights!!

Wow. That is certainly an impressive easter egg, Data! ;-)

Seriously, I'm dying to see the "flickering lights" easter egg...I'll be playing with this little Spy005 tonight for a few hours to see what crazy combinations I can uncover...

- FITP

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

I stood on one foot and inserted the batteries while the knob was on level three; then I waited 10 seconds and turned around 5 times counter-clockwise. Afterwards, I clucked like a chicken.
- FITP

I updated the first post with what I have found.

I also tried Flash's easter egg three different times but did not cluck like a chicken. :thinking: Does nobody know how to use the frigen sarcasm icon? :p

When I turned up the strobe to just the right frequency I just about chucked up a chicken dinner though, so maybe thats what he meant. :barf:

Stan671

Enlightened
I concur with the Power-Up-2 description in post #1. I have the factory brightness level settings and PU2 just seems to stay very, very dim no matter what the switch does.

I was trying a million combinations of PU things looking for the 7th Easter Egg and now I think I have a permanent blind spot from looking into the bright LED too much.:eek: Maybe I should wear sunglasses during testing.:cool:

fasteddie

Enlightened
Dave had told us that the flickering flame egg is at pu2. I just noticed that PU2 is so dim that you can't even see it in a lit room. So, I'll be waiting until after dark to try and find the egg #7. Anyone having any luck so far?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Huh? :thinking:

If that is sarcasm you need to add some sort of sarcasm icon ":p"
If you don't know what I am talking about then I feel truly sorry for you for missing out on this Thread and sale.

No it was based upon only seeing exactly what I quoted from you in my post above, which I assumed was some sort of bogus post. It seemed the only thing missing was documenting where the Easter Bunny was giving out candy. Nothing personal was intended. It does look like a unique "collector's item" type of light. Is that a Cohiba tube next to it? Now there is quality...but I get mine in boxes.

Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
I can confirm that Dave is not sending us on a wild goose chase looking for Easter Egg #7. I found it. I won't spill the beans until Dave says it's OK.

The candle is brighter than I figured it would be, though. Perhaps it is adjustable. I'll have to investigate further.

Amorphous

Enlightened
Stan, great job finding the 7th egg.

Also, not sure if anyone noticed on the 6th egg ( the ramp up strobe ), if one increases the flashing speed, eventually, you will see a simulation of a large spinning propeller. If you let it reached max frequency, the propeller has the effect of vertical take off. After the take off, you will see a constant steady state as it reached the max freq.

Anyway, it's all fun. Thanks Dave.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah I finally got the "candle flame" egg. More knob turning then I thought there would be. I wonder how much programing space is left over.

Note: Unlike all the other eggs it doesn't turn off right away when you turn to zero. It takes a couple seconds. For a second there I thought I was going to have to pop the battery cap.

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened
Wow, I wish the candle flicker wasn't so involved. That should be the emergency self destruct code. Would be a Q worthy gadget with that option. :D

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I wish the candle flicker wasn't so involved. That should be the emergency self destruct code. Would be a Q worthy gadget with that option. :D

I believe I read Data say that the candle flicker mode will not be on the 007...

Edwood

Enlightened
I believe I read Data say that the candle flicker mode will not be on the 007...

Awwww. Candle flicker would've been neat. :candle:

But I would probably rarely ever use it since it's so complicated to access it.

-Ed

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Power up 2 leaves the light in the off position until you change levelsat which point it acts like it would in normal mode. Looking forward to hearing what exactly resides in that mode...

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Power up 2 leaves the light in the off position until you change levelsat which point it acts like it would in normal mode. Looking forward to hearing what exactly resides in that mode...

I will put something in the sales thread and the STFu thread about this. The short answer is that it is the enabler to the automatic power cut back mode. It is not an easter egg.

Dave

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will put something in the sales thread and the STFu thread about this. The short answer is that it is the enabler to the automatic power cut back mode. It is not an easter egg.

Dave

I seem to have either inadvertently turned on this cutback mode or it comes enabled. After a few minutes it rolls back to lvl 1 and will not go to a higher lvl until I turn off my Spy and turn it back on. My curiosity now is how do I go about disabling the mode?