Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux from Elektro Lumens

The Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux uses 3 SSC P4's with the Tri-Optic.

Uses 2D Batteries.

I really like Angle Lights. I think this is going to be one of my favorite lights.

The Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux has a great flood beam. Tint is nice and white.

elektrolumenstrisscanglqw5.jpg

elektrolumenstrisscanglnw5.jpg

elektrolumenstrisscanglpx3.jpg

elektrolumenstrisscanglim0.jpg

elektrolumenstrisscanglbz3.jpg

elektrolumenstrisscanglti2.jpg

elektrolumenstrisscanglnp1.jpg

elektrolumenstrisscanglxj6.jpg

Left, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux. Right, Elektro Lumens 3 Watt Luxeon Anglelux. Note the Tri-SSC Anglelux is not screwed down all the way, threads showing. Does not matter to me because I won't use this light in the rain.

elektrolumenstrisscanglbu8.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In these beam shots I used the Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux vs the Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin. It's 3 SSC Optic's (Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux) vs 3 SSC Reflectors (Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin . You have to remember the Solar Force L603 is using 3 U Bin's and more volts, a total of around 12V vs 2.4V or 3.6V for the Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux.

I used 3 AW's Protected RCR123's for the Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin

These are the batteries I used. Radio Shack Nimh Rechargable Batteries for the Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux .

2 Radio Shack D size 1.2V 4500mAh.

elektrolumenstrisscanglmf7.jpg

I tried this set up and used a PVC pipe with 3C Radio Shack Nimh Rechageable Batteries. The Tri-SSC Anglelux ran brighter but I could feel the head get warm. I would not recommend this this set up because the body of the Tri-SSC Anglelux is made of plastic.

3 Radio Shack C size 1.2V 3000mAh Batteries.

elektrolumenstrisscangloq7.jpg

elektrolumenstrisscanglte3.jpg

Left, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux. Right, Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin

elektrolumenstrisscanglwx0.jpg

Left, Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin. Right, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux.

elektrolumenstrisscanglyn5.jpg

I got these lux measurements from my Wavetek Meterman LM631 at 1 meter. I waited 2 minutes before taking the lux readings, Both lights used fully charged Rechargeable Batteries.

Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux 2D - 2170 lux @ 1 meter.

Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux 3C - 3070 lux @ 1 meter.

Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin - 2410 lux @ 1 meter

Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Angleux (2D Batteries) @ 90"

elektrolumenstrisscanglib1.jpg

Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin @ 90"

elektrolumenstrisscanglhd1.jpg

Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Angleux @ 90" Stepped down exposure.

elektrolumenstrisscangluu1.jpg

Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin @ 90" Stepped down exposure.

elektrolumenstrisscanglcs8.jpg

Left, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux (2D Batteries) . Right, Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin @ 90"

elektrolumenstrisscanglub9.jpg

Left, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux (3C Batteries) . Right, Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin @ 90"

elektrolumenstrisscanglya7.jpg

Left, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux (2D Batteries) . Right, Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin @ 90" Stepped down exposure.

elektrolumenstrisscanglmp7.jpg

Left, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux (3C Batteries) . Right, Solar Force L603, 3 SSC U Bin @ 90" Stepped down exposure.

elektrolumenstrisscanglrw0.jpg

Last edited:

OceanView

Enlightened
Interesting combo. I like right-angle lights, especially if they can tailstand.

So, is this SSC version also pulling about 2A like the TW1J version Wayne first created?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what Wayne Johnson said about the 3C set up I tried.

I forgot to mention that the Tri-SSC Anglelux is using 3 Micropucks.

Quote,

"Nice job Earnie, as usual!

I have in the past considered using 3C in the Anglelux, but always opted against it. The Micropuck in this instance of using 3C cells, at the beginning reduces output, acting like a resistor. As the batteries drop in power, it will begin to boost and suck them dry as a bone if you let it. The Micropuck can also be wired as a buck or buck/boost to handle higher voltages.

Wayne"

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are outdoor beam shots using freshly charged Radio Shack D size 1.2V 4500mAh.

Elektro Lumens 1-SSC Anglelux @ 32'

VB002Small.jpg

Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux @ 32'

VB003Small.jpg

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
well that makes me ask something. How can a flashlight that uses a 350mA micropuck (e-mailed info by Wayne) consume 1A?????

enjoy, kostas

The original Anglelux's used a 3W LED and a 350mA 2009 Micropuck. I also had done some later with Cree LEDs, and the latest ones I make use the SSC P4 LED, 27mm reflector, and a 2009SHO Micropuck, which runs the LED at 500mA. I don't think any of these pull even 1A. The 500mA puck is probably pulling somewhere around 600mA-700mA to achieve 500mA output, something like that.

The Micropucks can be stacked. Using two of the 2009SHO Micropucks stacked, yields about 700mA - 750mA output. You can even use 3 or more. I've never used more than 3 stacked. Stacking the pucks will ruin battery life, but definately give you a brighter light. Two pucks stacked would probably pull around 1A.

Wayne

grand94jeep

Newly Enlightened
Are these LED replacements still being offered? I could not find them on the web page linked in the OP.

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Bump

For no other reason than "I just want one" I would like to mod my Fulton Angle into a beast similar to the Tri-SSC. (Does not have to be 3 x LED)

It has been a while since the Elektro Lumen Tri' was featured in this thread.

Does anyone have a list of parts/suppliers to put together a similar beast.
(My search produced numerous references to out of date suppliers/parts and articles)

I am not overly techno minded but understand the basics (heat sinking etc). I recon for $100 worth of parts I should be able to produce a beast from my Fulton Angle for a Winter Project down under. :thinking:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elektrolumens offers them off and on depending if he has the time and parts.
Mini review of the latest version with an XP-G LED.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=227663
Order page
http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/ca...ser-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact
If the above page disappears check the shopping cart
http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=elektrolumens
If it does not show up there try posting in the CPFMP thread above and ask. You can also try sending Elektrolumens an e-mail but he's got a very aggressive spam filter.
Are these LED replacements still being offered? I could not find them on the web page linked in the OP.

There is one problem with the tri-LED-Anglelux - getting the heat out of the plastic body. The LEDs generate about 5+W and the micropucks about 1.5W. The metal bodied Mags might be more suited to the high power builds.
AFAIK Elektrolumens built the one and did not offer any more yet continue to build the single LED version.
You might be better off getting a 3V PR2 LED bulb.
Terralux TLE-6EXB Brightest but I do not know if it focusses properly in a Fulton. 140 lumens claimed, I suspect you will get 100 lumens.
Terralux TLE-1F Another CPF member claims it focusses properly in his Fulton. 50 lumens claimed, I suspect you will get 30 lumens.
SMJLED Sold 2 to a fellow CPF member and they focus perfectly. Only 15 lumens.

-----

If you want the challenge of building your own:
Go to http://www.cutter.com.au search XP-G. You will find the LED Elektrolumens used in the latest version and various optics that fit that LED. Suggest you get the XPG on Metal Core PCB. A lot easier soldering to the PCB than to the LED.
LuxDrive MicroPuck 3V 1W LED Driver 500mA Output
http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut201
Bump

For no other reason than "I just want one" I would like to mod my Fulton Angle into a beast similar to the Tri-SSC. (Does not have to be 3 x LED)

It has been a while since the Elektro Lumen Tri' was featured in this thread.

Does anyone have a list of parts/suppliers to put together a similar beast.
(My search produced numerous references to out of date suppliers/parts and articles)

I am not overly techno minded but understand the basics (heat sinking etc). I recon for $100 worth of parts I should be able to produce a beast from my Fulton Angle for a Winter Project down under. :thinking:
When you select XPG colour bin
If the 3rd group of letters is 7xx (currently 7B4)
2C incan Mag left, Preon 2 WARMS right (7xx tint)
Tint-Mag-Preon-Med.jpg

-
If the 3rd group of letters is 5xx (currently 5B1)
2C incan Mag left, Nitecore EZAAw right (5B tint)
Tint-Mag-EZAAw-Lo.jpg

-
If the 3rd group of letters is 1xx (currently 1B0 and 1C0)
2C incan Mag left, Nitecore EZAA right (WC tint equivalent to ANSI 1xx)
Tint-Mag-EZAA-Lo.jpg

Last edited:

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply LEDninja.

That gives me some food for thought. I now have enough info to do some homework and perhaps set myself up with a winter project. :cool: