Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received the Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC from Elektro Lumens

From Elektro Lumens Website.

Anglelux-P4: Uses a single Seoul Semiconductor P4 LED, a SHO Boost Circuit (500mA), a 27mm reflector . Lasts about 24 hours to 50% original brightness on a set of batteries.

I really like the Angle Lights. So after purchasing a Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux I wanted a Anglelux 1 SSC.

anglelux1sscsmallmc4.jpg

anglelux1ssc001smallgp9.jpg

anglelux1ssc002smallqu0.jpg

Uses 27mm Reflector.

anglelux1ssc003smallyl5.jpg

anglelux1ssc005smalljj5.jpg

anglelux1ssc004smallkv3.jpg

Left, Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC. Right, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux

anglelux1ssc007smalltf0.jpg

Beamshots to follow (charging batteries)

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Did Wayne beef up the heatsink compared to the Luxeon Anglelux? Just wondering. I like my Anglelux and use it mostly with Alkaline D's.

Bill

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did Wayne beef up the heatsink compared to the Luxeon Anglelux? Just wondering. I like my Anglelux and use it mostly with Alkaline D's.

Bill

I have a 3 Watt Luxeon version and the heat sink and surronding area is filled with expoxy. I can't see what's below.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever since I received my Anglelux 3 Watt Luxeon the beam was very dim. I should have asked Wayne if there was a problem with the light but I never did. That is why I tried the the 3 C batteries with the pvc pipe set up. The 3 Watt luxeon got significantly brighter but it looks the 1 SCC beats it.

I do not have the Cree version.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I have a Cree-based Fenix P1D-CE and the Cree-based Angleux light. The Fenix has 3 output levels and the Anglelux is not as bright as the Fenix on medium. That said, the Anglelux fills a role as a long-life, usable light during power outages, long walks, camping trips etc. CPF wisdom: get both.

*Very* nice pix by the way!! :)

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
ernsanada, maybe you should send your Lux 3 Anglelux back to Wayne. Mine is really bright, huge center spot at 1900 lux. Doesn't sound like a high number, but the center spot is really big, not just a dinky high lux beam. Mine pulls about 1 amp at the tailcap, and I use alkalines.

Bill

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I perfomed these beam shots of the Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC last night.

These are the batteries I used. Radio Shack Nimh Rechargable Batteries for the Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC and Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux .

2 Radio Shack D size 1.2V 4500mAh.

elektrolumenstrisscanglmf7.jpg

I got these lux measurements from my Wavetek Meterman LM631 at 1 meter. I waited 2 minutes before taking the lux readings, Both lights used fully charged Rechargeable Batteries.

Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC - 1450 lux @ 1 meter

Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux 2D - 2170 lux @ 1 meter.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC @ 88"

1ssc001smallid6.jpg

Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux 2D @ 88"

1ssc003smalltx7.jpg

Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC @ 88" Stepped down exposure.

1ssc002smalldm8.jpg

Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux 2D @ 88" Stepped down exposure.

1ssc004smallvz7.jpg

Left, Left, Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC. Right, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux @ 88"

1ssc005smalldn7.jpg

Left, Left, Elektro Lumens Anglelux 1 SSC. Right, Elektro Lumens Tri-SSC Anglelux @ 88" Stepped down exposure.

1ssc006smallcx2.jpg