Fenix L2T V2.0 runtimes

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix%20L2T%20V2.0%20Rebel%2080%20-%20High.png

Fenix%20L2T%20V2.0%20Rebel%2080%20-%20Low.png

I am absolutely in love with this light. It isn't the brightest, but it has amazing throw. The tint is excellent and so is the beam shape. The new tactical click switch is fantastic. I like it more than the Surefire Z57. It appears to be based off of a reverse clicky which should make it very reliable.

Runtime and output are a bit less than I was expecting though.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Chevro!

I'm a little disapointed too on the high runtime graph. Considering the L2D runs for a little longer at around 25 lumens brighter. Oh well. The beam is top notch and the switch is very nice as well.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the drive circuit could use a tweak or two on High. Maybe that's a little too fussy though, it does give you some warning the batteries are fading. Not much to complain about on the Low end. Interesting that the alkalines work reasonably well on Low. Good to know if you're stuck somewhere with alkalines.

I use the L1Tv2 and it works great for a little carry light. Performance on mine is also much better with NiMH than alkaline.

Would love to see a run time chart for the L1Tv2. No rush though.

+1 thanks for your open directory of runtimes!

Last edited:

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

Thanks for the charts! You deserve a statue :goodjob:

It seems that the original L2T luxeon had a flatter regulation and slightly longer runtimes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Fenix would install a Rebel 100 in this L2T for the same output (100 lumens is fine) wouldn't the output graph be a lot flatter, like an L2D RB100 on high?

But don't get me wrong, I love this light and it has quickly become my favorite edc. With the standard belt pouch, I don't find it too unwieldy to carry.

Thanks again :thumbsup:,
Joris

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, alkaline sure sucks on high eh? I just bought a box of kirkland aa too. :mecry:

Guess I'll go return it and go with nimh.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, alkaline sure sucks on high eh? I just bought a box of kirkland aa too. :mecry:

Guess I'll go return it and go with nimh.

Fenix lights always sucked with alkaline! ;) What I do is to use NiMH but keep a few Energizer Lithium AA for backup purpose. They are cheap online... (around $1.6 per cell)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Hi Chevro, great work as always. :thumbsup:

FYI, I just received my L2T v2.0, and have am getting very similar results - although with just a touch longer runtime on Duracell alkaline (i.e. 53 mins to 50%). Haven't finished all the testing yet, but here's my results on Hi on both the 1AA and 2AA form factors:

LxT.gif

Interestingly, I'm getting longer runtimes on 1AA (at half the overall output, of course). For those of you not familiar with my runtimes, my output scale is completely relative, based on a milk carton lightbox. Typically though, my output numbers are usually fairly close to Quickbeam's flashlightreviews.com.

And I have to agree, I'm really liking this light. Excellent forward clicky.

If you want to see how these numbers compare to the P4 and Q2 Cree versions of the Fenix L1D, see my detailed review here:

Fenix Rebel vs Cree: L1D/L1T/P2D OUTPUT, RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS

Keep up the good work Chevro!

daveman

Enlightened
Good to see your postings again, Chevrofreak, I have missed your runtime charts very much.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Thanks for the charts!

Have anyone tested the L2T/L1T v2 with a P2D body and CR123 batt for runtime?

And can I use a RCR123 in the L2T v2?

paulr

Flashaholic
I've been disappointed with Fenix for not putting the top grade Rebel into this light. Those leds are not scarce (they're in the $18.xx DX lights) so it has to be a pure marketing decision, i.e. they think anyone opting out of the computerized blink blink SOS lights must be a second class flashaholic. I also thought the reverse clickie in the L1DCE was rather cheesy so I'm happy to see the positive reports about the new forward clickie. I do have my doubts about how those lumens estimates compare with real integrating measurements given my informal comparisons of other Fenix lights. Anyway I hope they'll start offering the top leds in this light and its 1 cell counterpart.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the Cree version now being sold offer different runtime then the discontinued rebel version shown in the graph?

Latest posts