• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

18350/18500 Battery Compartment Pre-Sale

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the detailed and yet, vague update…

I could always say "two weeks" if that would help. LOL!

The main point is, I don't know. Even when vendors give me a timeline, they almost never stick to it. All we know at this point is, we are closer and things are happening.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Therefore the 18350 tube will be the default in 2022 for all HDS Rotaries .... :nana::devil::nana::devil::nana::devil::nana::devil:

Nope. Too many production issues. Planning on having it the standard in the new HDS, but that is a few years away, and the tube will have a larger outside diameter to alleviate those production issues, and so won't be compatible with current HDS lights.

wweiss

Enlightened
I could always say "two weeks" if that would help. LOL!

The main point is, I don't know. Even when vendors give me a timeline, they almost never stick to it. All we know at this point is, we are closer and things are happening.

Sounds good enough to me. Thanks!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. LOL! Once they get anodized, then they go back to the machinist for the final op... granted, that shouldn't take long but Murphy will always raise his ugly head. After that op, they come to HDS where Henry may take them and shove them somewhere I don't want them... as he is the only one who can put the signal wire in.

It's been a while since the last discussion. Did the bodies get anodized yet or did Murphy show up to the party? Just curious.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to wait until 11:59pm Tucson time.
We received the 18500 and 18350 tubes from the machinist (our normal high speed low drag machinist... well, not high speed but he does make parts to spec).
And they are to spec, so now we will be building them... or will we?
We are going to be putting in some new guts. This is something we have been working on for quite awhile... another upgrade to the Rotary mechanism...
figured you waited this long for these, there might as well be another benefit for you.
They will go out the door with the improved tail internals. This is perhaps the biggest upgrade to the Rotary mechanism to date.
It doesn't seem right to ship them out the door right away, then a month or two later have a major improvement in the mechanism that wasn't included in these.

Attachments

• IMG_3652.jpeg
    IMG_3652.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 170

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aww yeah thanks for the update! Definitely worth waiting for the improved mechanism, although I don't expect I'll notice the difference.

Duster1671

Enlightened
Regarding the upgrade to the Rotary mechanism described in post #128:

Is that upgrade exclusive to the 18350 and 18500 bodies? Will it be implemented in the 16340 and 18650 tubes too?

Latest posts