SUREFIRE SHOT SHOW REPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's gonna be a great year for Surefire; tons of exciting, well conceived products. Here's a quick report.

Surefire, Cree, SSC threw a great party and I think it's fair to say everyone had a lot of fun and left with some fantastic gifts. My thanks to all of those companies, to our host PK, to MrTedBear, Al and all of the community members who helped to make it happen. For those who were at the CPF party it was fantastic to meet you all!

To the toys!

E1B - 1 CR123A backup light, 2 stage fwd clicky, 80L/5L, $110, available for order now.

6PD, Z2, C2, G2Z etc will all be available ~April as 6PDL, Z2L, etc with P60L drop-in. G2L-TN & G2L-GN coming as well.

E2D LED Defender, 120L, March, $136

P61 120L drop-in - I didn't get a date or price.

G3L-BK-KIT01 - G3 with a new V85 (iirc) polymer (kydex?) holster that holds 3 extra cells plus a G3L incl. 9 Batteries $129, soon, within weeks.

X400 Weaponlight - Basically an X300 plus a laser - the best got better. $435.

UA2 OPTIMUS, May >, 200L with SSC P7 (4 x EZ1000 die), 8 output levels(2-200) + strobe + sos, fuel guage, variable focus beam. $279.

TITAN T1A - Yup, the AL TITAN is official - no date, no price, but expected this year, will use a CR123A, anodized black, barely bigger than the CR2 original I understand.

U2B INVICTUS , late this year, 400L!! with SSC P7, 8 output levels(2-200) + strobe + sos, fuel guage as UA2 but 2x as bright, not focusable and undoubtedly more spendy.

HID ARCLIGHT - smallish HID, 1600L, 12 & 16 CR123A battery versions (same output, diff runtime). 1.6Hr runtime with 16XCR123A, 1.1 with 12XCR123A. 10.5" and 8.4" long respectively, bezels are 3.45" and 3.1" No pricing. No release date.

Last edited:

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Thank you! Are there any pictures available of these U2 replacements or the HID lights? Are they in the catalog or are they still prototypes? I'm curious to see this "fuel gauge" and overall design!

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update Matt:twothumbs

The new U2s look awsome:drool:

Sverre

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Ok, I have a couple of questions Matt.

What exactly is the fuel gage?

Do the UA2 and U2B still have the U2 style selector switch?

What exactly was given out as gifts at the PK party? (Was it new lights?)

-Evan

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOS/STROBE and output are pre-selected via a U2 style ring selector. Don't like em, don't use em. They're at the far ends so you don't need to ever see them if you don't want to.

UA2, UB2 and HID are all shown in the catalog - mulitple pics and decent details. We got to see prototypes in action for the UA/UB2 (at the party, not the booth) but the HID was not functional.

KX1 or KX2 with 2 levels were not shown as accessories but I did get to see a prototype 2 level KX2 in an E2L body. HAWT!

Lightguy27 - you know where to go broke. :)

The gifts were a lot of G2/G3/6P, some it it LED, also lots of last gen E2L but also quite a few M3/M4/M6's but folks had to earn the M's. None of the just released product that I noticed.

Must. Sleep. More tomorrow...

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOS/STROBE and output are pre-selected via a U2 style ring selector. Don't like em, don't use em. They're at the far ends so you don't need to ever see them if you don't want to.

Excellent :eek:

Thanks again for the lightning fast report :D

Regards,
Tempest

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Matt,

I really apriciate you taking the time to update those who could not attend.

:bow:

Benny

KROMATICS

Enlightened
How does the fuel gauge work? Is it a series of green LEDs on the body?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif

Quad die SSC P7!!!!!

hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif

Does anyone have more info on this LED?

MattK, great write up. Possible typo; referred to as U2B on first post then UB2 later on.

Last edited:

Cypher

Enlightened
Questions:

1. What is the method of focusing the UA2.

2. P120L runtime?

3. Will the new Kx heads be compatible with those of us that have the old Z52 twisty tailcap on our E2e/E2l bodies? Seems like if it were compatible with twistys it would be awkward at best.

4. How power hungry is a P7 and what about forward voltage? Multiple dies is going the LuxV path. Not a complaint, just curious.

5. Is the module in the new E2DL compatible with the E2e/E1e head or is it a proprietary head. I'm thinking along the lines of the TW4 with the E1 body, head and tail but with an R123 and the E2DL led module.

Status
Not open for further replies.