SureFire Repair Turnaround?

dawgfan76

Newly Enlightened
I sent in a Aviator that SF received Nov 9. I checked with them Nov 21 and was told it backordered pending replacement due to supply chain issues. I just sent another inquiry today and hope to get a positive response.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has sent any in and what your experience was/is?

I also sent mine in and it took about a month for them to send it back to me, however it was marked as "no issues, light working properly" even though it had a distinct flicker on low. I went in person to get it sorted out as I live about 40 minutes away.

I also sent in an E2D with a burned LED. They replaced the head with the most current generation. Total turnaround for that was about 2 weeks.

dawgfan76

Newly Enlightened
The white light was working on mine, but the red stopped. There's definitely an issue with mine, so I am hopeful they can repair it.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent an aviator in about 6 mo ago. From Canada. There was a burned out red led. They fixed it even though it's been out of production for 20 years. Took maybe 2 weeks once they had it before sending it back. They fixed it 100%

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything I've sent in to Surefire came back in a week or two. But this was a few years ago. Recently I've called them with minor parts questions and a few days later I get them in the mail. Only negative experience I had wasn't slow; it was sloppy work that damaged two lights.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last time I sent my Fury DFT in, it took them weeks, months, and finally I sent them a nastygram and finally got results. That was so unlike my past experiences with them, I just was amazed. Maybe new management, I don't know, but they need to get their :poop: together.