150-lb. Test Keychain Swivels

FsTop

Enlightened
I found these very tiny keychain swivels on eBay - bag of 25, Buy-it-Now for $5.99, shipping included. End-to-end, they are only 16mm long and very low friction.

Note the 150 lb. test rating on the package - five to ten times higher rated than most tiny swivels.

6r0fph.jpg

I don't know hw long the finish will last in a pocket, but it should be pretty chemically stable, as the swivels are intended for saltwater big-game fishing. It's a fairly close match to certain titanium finishes - should look great with a Ti Draco.

:twothumbs

Last edited:

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Keychain Swivels

Thanks for posting that...I've been thinking about this type of hardware for some keychain projects. The swivels I saw were traditional and it wasn't what I wanted...these look great!
:)

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Keychain Swivels

Hmm these look nicer than my regular fishing line swivels...Are these ball-bearing??

FsTop

Enlightened
I'm not sure what's inside, but I'd guess ball- or roller-bearing, as the friction is very low. - much lower than the barrel swivels.

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what's inside, but I'd guess ball- or roller-bearing, as the friction is very low.

Yes, those are ball bearing swivels. I'm a big fisherman and use those all the time.

MSax

DM51

Flashaholic
This thread doesn't really belong here in 'General Flashlight Discussion', so I'm moving it to 'Beyond Flashlights > Personal Gadgetry > Other'.

chriscoobs

Newly Enlightened
YEP spro makes good swivels, a little fancy and $ for fishing but for keychains its perfect.