1000w GE4557 Beamshots

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
MEGA TORCH LUMEN INCAN MONSTER.

Thor X10 Mod - 3Power 1000W Spotlight

Some quick beamshots to compare with the 1000w monster.
(1/4sec, f/3.2, ISO 200) (arent the best quality pics)

When I first fired it up just on low beam 300w, I almost wet my pants. Then I had to rub my eyes in disbelief on the 700w mega beam. This is beyond insane. 20,000+Lumens. :faint::bow::eek::naughty:

Running the 1000w is pretty limited due to runtime & waking the neigbours.

Battery ran dead, had to recharge.

These look a little blurry as i was in a hurry coz it started to rain.

This was built by a fellow CPF member. :grin2: IMO this **** over LK14, I love the low/high beam function. I really want to get a big external NiMH setup to get at least 20mins runtime.

Now if i could just run two of these GE4557's off my 4wd????? :devil:

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aw 'cmon - it's just daylight in your backyard and you photoshopped out the sky right? :crackup:
What the heck is this running for a battery pack? I'm assuming 1000 watts at 12 volts so that could be drawing around 83 Amps !

:twothumbs

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Yer I'm a pro at Photoshop. :poke:

28v DC, 35amps I believe.

Limited to the size of the yard for now. This THING can throw pretty far, Ill try get some pics tomoz on a big open Football Oval.:whistle:

ROFL, still cant believe how nuts this is.:nana:

cya.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
19835999bu3.jpg

Wow :faint:. This looks like a jet engine test in the backyard :D.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aw 'cmon - it's just daylight in your backyard and you photoshopped out the sky right? :crackup:
What the heck is this running for a battery pack? I'm assuming 1000 watts at 12 volts so that could be drawing around 83 Amps !

My guess on battery packs would be LiFeP04 drill pack cells. There was another poster a while was running a 1000W+ on a couple of stock DeWalt 36V drill packs in parallel.

The other possiblility would be be a big stack of LiPos -- LiPo cells meant for RC applications that could fit in the body of that flashlight can discharge more than enough power to light that lamp... though unlike LiFeP04s, they tend to explode if you look at them wrong :eek:

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess on battery packs would be LiFeP04 drill pack cells. There was another poster a while was running a 1000W+ on a couple of stock DeWalt 36V drill packs in parallel.

The other possiblility would be be a big stack of LiPos -- LiPo cells meant for RC applications that could fit in the body of that flashlight can discharge more than enough power to light that lamp... though unlike LiFeP04s, they tend to explode if you look at them wrong :eek:

It's Mine

Thor X10 Mod - 3Power Spotlight

1x DeWalt 36V (10xA123) for Power - More views of the pack and charger system HERE (The Double Pack 1000W+ you mentioned)

Thanks for the great shots Flashanator and glad you like your new Torch - nice idea with the diffuser too.

If you don't mind I'll quote what you PMed me when it arrived !

Flashanator PM said:
OH MY GOD!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is just nuts.

Pete what have you done????

Now I go outside & all my other lights look like a dull worthless everyready light.

This thing is beyond insane.

. . .

That about sums up the responses so far.

Cheers
Pete

ps. Love the Golden-Glow from the Thor that you have managed to capture beautifully.

Last edited:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
thx again pete 4 this amazing light. :thumbsup:

here are some better quality pics

low beam, shows just how much coverage even low beam has. :eek:

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Last edited:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks,

the diffuser 1000w HIGH looks alot brighter in person, that pic was the closest to the real thing i could get with my camera.

Ill take some beamshots on a big oval tomoz. see what this 1000w can really do.

And to think that there are far more powerful big lumen light mods on this forum, i.e (ez's 400w HID Monster)

Later.

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks,

the diffuser 1000w HIGH looks a lot brighter in person, that pic was the closest to the real thing i could get with my camera.

Ill take some beamshots on a big oval tomoz. see what this 1000w can really do.

And to think that there are far more powerful big lumen light mods on this forum, i.e (ez's 400w HID Monster)

Later.

Hi

Still hoping EZ can do some comparisons between the 1000W and his HID400.

Cheers Pete

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Great show and shots, Flashanator. That sounds like way more than you were hoping for, and that makes me happy that Petrev took such great care of you. Very impressive.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I'm not sure if you have considered this, but when you start getting into that territory of weight and size, you might be able to do better with a portable generator. Might have to be a custom project of a 28V 1000W+ alternator belt driven from a compact 2-3HP engine.