1xAAA gift light?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try http://www.opticsplanet.net/gerber-gear-80107.html. not a bad deal for a about an Alexander Hamilton.

The gerber is cheap but compared to the EO it is not as bright, is much larger, and runs for half the time.

Put a WTB on BST and just ask for an E0. I'm sure plenty of members bought extras at the blowout price.

You can also get a full camo 5.5lm Arc AAA for $25 on their special page.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would give another vote for the Streamlight Microstream. It is an amazing little light. I prefer it to my LOD which costs a lot more.

cv3po

Banned
+1 for the Streamlight Microstream. If you want uber-toughness then the Arc-aaa might be best if you can find one for under $20 but for under $20 SHIPPED the Microstream is plenty durable and is WAY brighter than any Arc you'll get for the same price. Premium Arc's are going for nearly $50 nowadays. Might as well get an LOD Q4 for that price. Still, I don't think anyone would be upset at either an Arc or a Microstream. For most non-flashaholics the Microstream will fill more needs (you can do some engine work with it!) than the older-dim Arc IMO. Good luck!

BTW, my Microstream is nearly as bright as my LOD Q4 on it's medium setting

Last edited:

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
Gotta step up and defend the microstream. I have a fenix AAA light. Actually the first AAA they made. Ordered it just as it was released. I tried EDCing it for a while, but it just didn't do i for me. This microstream blows it away in usability, carryability, price, even brightness. (mine's the luxeon one) I'm surprised the microstream isn't more popular. I guarantee that if it cost $50 or was sold by DX it'd be more popular...

--Matt

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Shouldn't this topic be closed now? We have a clear nominee with clear lead in popular support and the delegate count :)

Seriously, this is THE 1xAAA Gift Light.

- Vikas

Monolith

Enlightened
Can't make a decision between this one and the Microstream. Any suggestions ?
The Microstream is advertised at 20 lumens while the E01 is advertised at 10 lumens. The Microstream is white in tint and has throw. E01 most likely will be more flood and the GS's won't be as white. The Microstream has a forward clickie and pocket clip. The E01 is a twisty (no clip).

I would think the Microstream would make more sense for the "average" user.

Add runtime - 1.5 hours @ 20 lumens advertised for the Microstream, 11 hours @10 lumens advertised for the E01.

Last edited:

mighty82

Enlightened
The Microstream is advertised at 20 lumens while the E01 is advertised at 10 lumens. The Microstream is white in tint and has throw. E01 most likely will be more flood and the CS's won't be as white. The Microstream has a forward clickie and pocket clip. The E01 is a twisty (no clip).

I would think the Microstream would make more sense for the "average" user.
The E01 has the new GS led, not the old blue CS. The microstream can't beat the E01 for runtime, or even come near. Max 2 hours vs 10 hours flat output.

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
Can't make a decision between this one and the Microstream. Any suggestions ?

By all means get a microstream. I have never liked EDCing lights. Too bulky and big. I even bought a Fenix L0P AAA light and quit carrying it because I didn't like it and it didn't fit well in the pocket. I got a Microstream on a whim and really love it. The pocket clip is great. It's way brighter than the L0P. It's just about the perfect brightness. I bought another as a gift for a friend and one for backup. I got mine on ebay and paid about $13. It's a GREAT deal.

--Matt

paulr

Flashaholic
Microstream has always looked kind of cheesy to me. Fenix E01 seems to be taking a swipe at the Arc and is interesting, though I don't like the olive color (looks too military) and I generally prefer the Arc's more classic styling (no milled flats etc). I do like the E01's standable tail. I hope they offer it in natural finish.