Carrying Solution Images - Holsters Help!

cl0123

Enlightened
Looking for images of holsters with your lights!

Just want to share a couple of images of the HDS (AW aftermarket versions) regular and long holsters I've got with my first AW batteries order. Fellow CPF members may want to know these can fit the E1B (1-cell) and C2 (2-cells) flashlights or of similar sizes.
solar2008101801sy8.jpg

solar2008101803ay8.jpg

I do not have any HDS light, but from I can see on CPF, they are probably shorter than the E1B and the C2 in their respective formats. You can see that about an inch (few centimeters) or so of velcro is exposed when used with the lights in picture. Nonetheless, these AW holsters are very good values IMHO.

Recently, I've got a used Ripoffs holster with a deal through the CPF MarketPlace and really liked its design. The sturdy metal clip is very user-friendly. I am indeed looking for a couple more holsters and would like to get some suggestions (and hopefully with images) please. :candle:

Please post images of your carrying solutions for anything similar in sizes to (1) U2*, (2) M3, (3) M4. In other words, 2-, 3-, and 4-cells lights.

With Aloha,

Clarence

*Actually, the U2-sized lights are tricky since they have a larger head than the uniform girth'ed C2

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
make 1 yourself? i did just that with quality (seat belt?) strap, basic sewing skills on a sewing machine. but i did not use electricity, i manually ran the needle to prevent breakages. stitch: 1 straight + 1 zig-zag pattern! :)

IMG_0010-1.jpg

IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

(all shown with Fenix T1)

Last edited:

lightfet

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pics, I've been wanting to get a holster for my C2 and those ripoffs cost me almost double with the expensive shipping outta US.

sappyg

Enlightened
i'm not a picture guy but you can check out www.greatholsters.com and see the pics of the concealco holsters. i have a 125a and a 100a. one each for the SF e and p series that carries bezel down. they can also make a holster for your specific light if need be.
i don't know what shipping to singapor would be and the lead time in the US can be 2-4 weeks but the wait is worth it. these are handmade and in some cases one off holsters that will last for years.
nylon holsters don't get it for me. besides, i've never found one that allowed me to carry a light the way that i want and offer ease of use.

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
I modified a 2AA Maglite snap-type holster in similar fashion to that of sORe-EyEz to carry a Strion. I like the ease of removing the holster.

cl0123

Enlightened
Thanks for the pics, I've been wanting to get a holster for my C2 and those ripoffs cost me almost double with the expensive shipping outta US.
:ohgeez: Now I "remember" why I took the photos. I saw your inquiry on AW's thread a few days ago which triggered my mind to take those snapshots.

Depending on your way you use the holsters, the Ripoffs probably offer a better fit and the metal clip is easier to attach to the belt. In addition, there is indeed about an inch of unused velcro exposed to collect grits and sands. Since I most carry the holster in my camera bag or backpack, the sturdy clip factor is somewhat less important.

With Aloha,

Clarence

cl0123

Enlightened
Neat! You're right, I really did not think of making one. Wait, I do not have a sewing machine any more. I am actually more familiar with the older foot-powered old Singer faithfuls than the modern day marvels. Wish I could find it, but there was another image somewhere showing a factory Fenix T1 holster which seems like a good fit for the C2.

make 1 yourself? i did just that with quality (seat belt?) strap, basic sewing skills on a sewing machine. but i did not use electricity, i manually ran the needle to prevent breakages. stitch: 1 straight + 1 zig-zag pattern! :)

IMG_0008-1.jpg

(all shown with Fenix T1)

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hi sappyg,

the leather holsters are very cool indeed (looks premium)!

i actually fashion the holster to Surefire's V26 leather speed holster which i do own. posted those pics for anyone who is keen to make them at home at a very low cost. thread used identical to those for shirts. ;)

with access to bare basic domestic sewing machine, similiar type of strap available (where-ever you are) and basic sewing skills. since the material is rather thick, go real slow, (by hand) if possible. my sewing machine has a rotating knob for manual control.

i made a few of them, just in case soda accidentally spilled onto it. :lolsign:

Last edited:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
speaking of Fenix T1 holster, i added a piece of chair stud with the bottom hollowed out to retain the shape at the bottom. makes drawing & keeping the light much smoother. need to get the right size, & designs/types available at local store differ.

[pic of (whole) chair stud on the right]
IMG_0033-1.jpg

Last edited:

a4d

Enlightened
speaking of Fenix T1 holster, i added a piece of chair stud with the bottom hollowed out to retain the shape at the bottom. makes drawing & keeping the light much smoother. need to get the right size, & designs/types available at local store differ.

[pic of (whole) chair stud on the right]
IMG_0033-1.jpg

Thats pretty ingenius if i must say so my self. :faint:

cl0123

Enlightened
You're welcome. Hope this helps:
solar2008101802qi4.jpg

This pic was not posted because I thought it is redundant to the other image. Let me konw if you are looking for something else. I can probably try another shoot during the weekend.

With Aloha,

Clarence
Great thread Clarence. This will answer a lot of questions floating around.
Side shots would be great too so we can estimate how much the pouch would stick above belt level.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
the SF M6 holsters is very different in dimension to light holsters needed for 2-4 cell lights. :poke:

sappyg

Enlightened
the SF M6 holsters is very different in dimension to light holsters needed for 2-4 cell lights. :poke:

agreed..... if you scroll through the thread there are pics of a holster design that was used for an m6 and then incorporated to carry an a2. you might enjoy the concept the one of the posters has created. an m4 (4 cell) looks like it would work well with that design.

cl0123

Enlightened
Litemania has some Keydex holsters that look cool. I want something like this.

http://www.litemania.com/front/php/category.php?cate_no=167

Thanks. From Litemania.com

Some kydex carrying solutions for U2:

etendue_278.jpg

etendue_278_1.jpg

etendue_278_2.jpg

etendue_278_3.jpg

etendue_278_4.jpg

Are these available in the US perhaps?

With Aloha,

Clarence

:twothumbs Google is good. Just found its corresponding CPF Marketplace thread from Litemania. I am going to spend some time checking that out.

Edit: For a moment, I was intimidated to see K$35,000.

Last edited:

cl0123

Enlightened
I saw isneyk's older thread Still in search: Urban edc holster - SF E2DL.

AW's HDS Holster (long)
solar2008102401.jpg

Although I am not too fond of the aggressive look literally with "teeth on its crown", I do sometimes carry this in my messenger bag to the office. The E-series is small and light (lighter than the C/P-series) with dual stages. Hopefully, I would not be "so bright" to bring it with me if I ever would be summoned to jury duty or anywhere near a government building. Anyway, it is indeed a better fit (than the C2) for the E2DL because the front flap can come down further.

Maxpedition Single Sheath (Tan)
solar2008102402jf4.jpg

Took advantage of the LAPG Closeouts and picked up this sheath with another Max 5" Tube Sheath. The 5" Tube Sheath has an opening of like half-inch square and I do not care to have to wriggle the light into or out of it. I wonder if I got some kind of shipping error, but anyway, I did not bother to return it. It fits a Leatherman Wave just fine. The one in the photo above is their Single Sheath. Its "pocket" is pretty short and you can see that more than half of the E2DL is exposed. As a result, only about half an inch of the velcro flap is attached. This is the one that allows you to mount it in a horizontal version along your belt. Not sure if they make a longer version, but I can imagine something an inch or two longer would fit better.
I have never had anything from Maxpedition before, so do take my observations with a few pinches of salt. Not sure if you are supposed to break in the sheath, but they seem to be pretty stiff. There must be lots of toughness in these materials, but I wonder if this stiffness may also scratch up the anodization of the lights.

Hope some of these images and observations will help someone looking for a carrying solution to their flashlights. :candle:

With Aloha,

Clarence

PS. Pardon my old beat-up steel rule.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova T1 in Stallion Leather belt holster designed for it.

inova-t1-in-case.jpg

Inova T3 (TIROS version) and Maxpedition Cocoon with a Malice clip used as a belt holster.
cocoon2.jpg

cocoon1.jpg