Surefire to the rescue

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
It was a beautiful evening and the sun began to set. I walked my two youngest kids to the neighborhood playground. My 5 yr old daughter rode her Barbie scooter (stand-up foot power) while my 3 yr old son rode his Big Wheel. I knew it would be dark on our way home so I grabbed their Headlamps and my Surefire M3. They played for awhile and tired themselves out. On our walk home, a young boy and his sister (both probably 11-13 yrs old) were looking for a small black knob that went on the end of a stick they were using in their front lawn with a Maglite 2D. I asked them if they needed any help and I pulled out my Surefire M3 and lit up the whole front lawn. The bright light must have caught their Dad's eye because he came out to see what it was. He said, "My flashlight is way bigger than yours but yours is much brighter?" I showed him my Surefire M3 and I let him hold it and point it down the street to see how far the beam traveled. He was amazed and asked where I bought it. I told him I bought it at a sporting goods store (really a gun store but I said sporting goods so I wouldn't frighten him). He didn't ask how much it costs. Wait til he sees the price
shocked.gif
. I also told him he could get an L.E.D. replacement bulb for his Maglite that would be brighter and make his batteries last longer.

BTW, we found the black knob. Maybe we found a new flashaholic too?

ReadyFreddy23

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that far myself. So no, I didn't. I'm still waiting to make a ROP for myself.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just imagine how 'put out' the other guy would've felt had you been carrying a M@g hotwire? :crackup:

Hmmm... looks like a Maglite, feels like a Maglite... nope definitely doesn't shine like a Maglite! :D