• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of SunDrop 3S **SOLD OUT**

McGizmo

Flashaholic
** THIS WAVE IS ON BUT PLEASE READ POST #33 & #68

Hi guys,
I have a wave of SunDrop 3S now available. The SunDrop 3S from the exterior is the same as the SunDrop. Where it differs is in the converter used in the light engine. The 3S is a 3 speed or three level, user selected, light. One cycles through the various levels by providing a short, OFF blip to the converter. That is to say if you turn the light off and then back on again in less than a second, the light will advance to the next level. It cycles from low to medium to high and then back to low in a circular fashion. The on duration can be anywhere from a very short flash to a full rundown of the battery and this will not signal the light to come back on in any level but the one presently being used.

Of all the UI's I have experienced, this one here is the most intuitive one for me and the least obtrusive. If the light comes on at a level I find appropriate, there is nothing further that I have to do and I can have it on for as short or as long as I wish. If it is not at a level I want, I can change to the level I do want as quickly as I can push the switch button. You can approach your illumination using the momentary function and once you are where you want to be simply push harder to latch the light on if you wish. As is true with most of the easy UI's, it is much easier to just use the light than describe how to use it.

The converter provides ~330 mA to the Nichia 083 High CRI LED. Medium and low levels are PWM with reduced duty cycles of this set current driving the LED and resulting in lower output. The designer of the converter has tagged the converter as a "constant color" driver.

UW-1.jpg

SunDrop-Lens-1.jpg

The price on these titanium SunDrop lights is $440 plus shipping*.

These lights are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: SunDrop 3S
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD.

Note:
The SunDrop 3S is compatible with a single cell battery pak. The converter is a buck/boost driver capable of running from a single primary lithium or Li-Ion battery.

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order.

Last edited:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wave of SunDrop 3S

Email sent!

I've been looking forward to a 3-level McGizmo for SOOOOO long, I hope you won't miss the nagging "I want a 3-level" posts, Don! :nana:

The Coach

Enlightened

:paypal: Thanks Don. :twothumbs Now, hopefully with the day off tomorrow, the USPS will get back on it's 3 day schedule to the right coast. :poke:

Don't forget, thank a Vet (Go Air Force).

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,

The SunDrop 3S is about good light close at hand. It's for those times when your interest is not down the street but right there in front of you but it's too dark to see without some illumination. The image below was taken in good ambient daylight but had it been at night the SunDrop in the picture would have been ideal for illuminating the subject at hand.

SunDrop-GeckoKeiki.jpg

~or~

I just like the picture and needed some excuse to post it. :nana:

Barefootone

Enlightened

Hi guys,

The SunDrop 3S is about good light close at hand. It's for those times when your interest is not down the street but right there in front of you but it's too dark to see without some illumination. The image below was taken in good ambient daylight but had it been at night the SunDrop in the picture would have been ideal for illuminating the subject at hand.

SunDrop-GeckoKeiki.jpg

~or~

I just like the picture and needed some excuse to post it. :nana:

Hey Don,
You need no excuse to post a :kewlpics: like that. Oh the SunDrop 3S is nice to :crackup:. I hope to own a kewl Ti light like the SunDrop someday :drool:.
Jeff

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

That gecko brings back memories of '96 in Saudi Arabia. I was sitting on the can when I felt something crawl onto my butt. I darn near jumped through the ceiling. That one was about the same size. I have a tendency to check under the seat these days...