Funny PH50 Story

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a funny story to tell.

Just a few minutes ago I heard a car start to spin donuts in a nearby parking lot, per usual late Friday night behavior. Curiosity got the best of me, so I shone my PH50 at the car. As soon as the light hit them the donuts stopped... and they scurried off like rats!

This thing is amazing, almost like the "hand of god"!:xyxgun::poke: I'm convinced it's 1 step away from being an actual weapon!

PS- Mods, if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said, it was like the "hand of god"... so I assume they'd be saying their prayers to "Thor" and peeing their pants!:crackup:

They probably had enough from "Helios" tonight.:D

Last edited:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe... funny story.

I too have had almost the same experience, except I got to use my Thor 1000w:cool:

I reckon it burnt the paint off their car.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe... funny story.

I too have had almost the same experience, except I got to use my Thor 1000w:cool:

They had it coming.:naughty: I imagine what's being discussed the very moment the light hits them: "WTF WAS THAT? IS IT A COP? GET OUT OF HERE!":crackup:

...because they don't even have time to think, the sensory overload takes over and they take off.:laughing:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol.

Hey dudemar, did you wait for you PH50 to warm up full brightness before shining it at them?

For example hide it under your jacket for 30secs? Its pretty small.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
That jacket idea is nifty. The PH50 warms up in about 5 seconds so it's pretty much instant output! Because the warm-up is so fast, it was pretty much at full output by the time I shone it through my front door.

I LOVE IT!!!

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
They thought you were a cop, but cops have little weak lights. nowhere as bright as incans.

heyyy. I wish I had those. there's a high school near me, and the things kids do in the parking light at night...

There are some cameras that link live to the police station on the football lights..
installed for protection..
wonder what would happen if I shone a light at one of those?

Team Member

Enlightened
There are some cameras that link live to the police station on the football lights..

Well, probably not the most wise thing to do....

They are installed for several reasons....and one of those reasons have you already mentioned..

Patriot

Flashaholic

......um, nothing like drawing attention to yourself I guess. :thinking: As for me, I'd have to pass on that one.

Dudemar, that's a great story. It sounds like you shut down that operation really fast...lol. :)

PapikAldo

Newly Enlightened
Very funny Storie.
The PH50 is on my wish list definitely !!!
I had a similar storie with 3AM skaters on my street speed bumps...
I used my WE Boxer 24W and blinded them with the light...
Some fell on the ground and they cursed me a lot...
I laughted a lot and blinded them even more...
Ten minutes or so later they left cursing...
And never came back...

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
They had it coming.:naughty: I imagine what's being discussed the very moment the light hits them: "WTF WAS THAT? IS IT A COP? GET OUT OF HERE!"

...because they don't even have time to think, the sensory overload takes over and they take off.:laughing:

20,000 Lumens! For the average person there mind can relate to something that they've experienced before. There mind would have quickly skipped over police searchlight and jumped into uncharted territory:eek:! They probably got home and told every one that their car almost got abducted by aliens:nana::crackup::crackup:!

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe... funny story.

Ah so that was the bright light I could see on the horizon the other night! :D

Great story dudemar... I actually let the light 'cycle up' (after it's initial flash) great attention getter (or human cockroach disperser) :thumbsup: