• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

So......What Is So Great About A Ti McGizmo?

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
So......What is So Great About A McGizmo?

A question I have often wondered myself, that is until today....:nana:
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Ti McGizmo Mule and i haven't stopped playing with it since I got it:party:
It really is a fantastic, very unique light, and to feel the Ti in your hand is unlike any other light I have touched:thumbsup:

Now I finally know what is so great about a Ti McGizmo, Everything:eek::D
Guess its just one of those lights you have to try for yourself, great job Don.:twothumbs

Thought i would share some pics:naughty:

I put a Glo-ring in the front:D

And a nice white Trit in the tail:cool:

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
I too had the same reaction when about 2 years ago I was a few McGizmo lights for sale on a Knife forum for about $500 each. I was floored and thought the seller was out of his mind. Then, over a year later, I got an LS27 and my way of thinking changed! Since that time, I have had the pleasure of handling the LS27 & LS20, a mule, PS-S, McLuxIII, and a rubber coated aleph light, along with a few of his Ti-paks! For twisty operation and clickie too, Don's lights are methodical. Well designed. Elegant without being flashy (no pun intended).

jag808808

Enlightened
A McGizmo helped me find my flashlight nirvana! I have honestly not "purchased" another light since my LunaSol 27. It is perfect for my EDC work rotation. Glad to hear another happy ending!

Aloha,

jag

placasador

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for some of those glow-rings for a s.f Kl1. are they around anywhere? Greet looking light B.T.W... :broke:Someday!$!$! thanks, Joseph

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Very nice 04orgZx6r!

The only McGizmo lights I own are the original McLuxs. I always wanted a Ti PD-S but could never afford one. IMO the Ti PD-S is the most attractive light Don has made to date. I finally purchased one & I loved it so much I purchased another just to have as mint. Of course the only thing holding me back from having as many PD-Ss as I do McLuxs is the money.

Seeing your mule, I just had to post mine. If anyone knows me well, I hate mules. However the the PD mule IMO is absolutely beautiful. I love the flutes on the Ti PD-S & the Ti Mule has the very same flutes, I had to have one. Thanks to Joseph Milton for giving me the best deal ever on it! :twothumbs

Here's a sneak peak (mod not completed yet) of my Ti Mule. As mentioned, I don't like mules & I would never use one but after throwing a UV XR Cree in it at 1025ma on high it's one of my most funnest lights that I own!

Img_6799.jpg

I love how the lens lights up
Img_6809.jpg

Oh & here are my McLuxs (just an excuse to post the pic). :grin2:
Img_5031.jpg

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these remarkable light also a PD-S in HA-Nat, what I wish for now is a Ti-PD-S. Best combination for edc IMO. Their form factor is just right...
BTW congrats...

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting pics everyone. I have to agree with darkzero, IMO the PD-S is the best looking Ti light out there, and I'd venture to say that the Mule is a close second. The flutes are what do it for me. Personally, I find no practical use outdoors for a Mule, but in the house esp at night, it's sublime. A flawless artifact-free wall of light that illuminates an entire room, but doesn't blind you in the process. 04orgZx6r, that Mule sure looks familiar...:whistle:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
if I ever somehow get the cash, I'll be poking the marketplace for one.
til then.. *drool*