2500 maH Rayovac Hybrids

Light Sabre

Enlightened
Just saw some 2500 maH Rayovac Hybrids today at a local hardware store (Boulder only). Was trying to help another customer pick between the Hybrids and some Energizer NMH batteries, when I made the discovery. Looked like they had just filled the peg with the 2500's. Target still had only 2100's. Walmart only had the unlabeled Rayovac 1400's. I shop at 3 different Walmarts and they don't seem to carry the Hybrids any more.

12/10/08 >>>>> Checked again tonight, sorry, but they were the regular Rayovac NMH batteroes. Not hybrids like I thought. My bad. :oops:

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
wanna make bets on the high-cap ones not being the same Low self discharge?
i have been hoping for higher capacity low self discharge, but i am also figuring on them not doing what the lower capacity does.

Arggg not more batteries :)

Light Sabre

Enlightened
Well, they were the Hybrids all right. Didn't read the package to see if they were precharged and anything about LSD on them. Figured Rayovac would not be calling them Hybrids if they were the regular NMH's. I will recheck the package and let you know what I find.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish Rayovac would make up their minds about putting capacity on the label. I was looking at some Rayovac "D2" D size NiMH today, but there was no hint of the capacity anywhere. I'm 99% sure it would be 2500 mAh, but it would be nice of them to actually say.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were those the funky coloured ones with orange on the label?
I was looking at those tonight at Wal-Mart. They had some older ones (black/blue/green) on the peg as well. I think the old D2s were 2900 mAh.

EDIT: had to go visit wally for some cough drops and went and checked the old ROV cells. Both the C2 and D2 packs contain 2900 mAh cells.
No idea what the new ones are.

Last edited: