225 lumen SF 6P

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I know just about nothing about flashlights but I rely on my Surefire 6P daily. Well, the point of me posting and joining this board is to find an upgrade for it that will pump out 225 lumens or more.

I don't mind going up to a SF Commander but I can't get any larger.

And are LED lights worth looking at to replace my SureFire for brightness?

Thanks in advance.

Actually the only thing I know to meet both your lumen and size requirements is another Surefire. A 3 cell Surefire light with a high output lamp assembly will come close to 225 lumens but will only run for 20 minutes per set of three batteries. A surefire M4 with 4 cells will meet the requirement and run for an hour, just like your 6P will if you are using the P60 lamp assembly. Of course you could move up to the granddaddy of them all, the M6 and you will have more then enough lumens to meet your needs. Go to the Surefire web site to read more about these lights.

Anvil:

You could wait until the 5W 120 L LS comes out in July and Electolumens or Lambda package two or more of them in a mod.

Well, the 3 cell job may be the way to go. I'm not discouraged by the 20 min life. I use a 120 lumen lamp and 20 min lasts me about a month daily usage.

This lambda and electrolumen thing may be promising...