• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

June Wave of LunaSol 20's **SOLD**

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
Here's the wave of LunaSol 20's. As I have stated elsewhere, there is a strong possibility that this is the last wave of these. This is due to component availabilities and the effort required to get these lights completed and ready to offer. I still think this is the most versatile light I have come up with and regardless of offers or inquires, I won't let my self be talked out of owning one myself. :p

I do want to state that my hope and intent is to process the e-mail orders for these on a first received/ first processed basis and ideally the response to your e-mail order will be a notification of shipment. I don't want to add to the number of communications by sending an acknowledgment prior to generating the postage notification. I have no idea what the demand will be here or how quickly I will be able to get on top of the first rush of orders. :duck:

With 50 lights in the wave, I believe the wave will handle the demand for a good period of time and hopefully relieve any pressure on some of you as well as me.

These lights are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: LunaSol 20
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD. There are additional threads on the LunaSol 20 you can review as well.

These LunaSol 20's host a GD driver for driving the Osram Dragon LED and can be considered appropriate for use with both primary as well as Li-Ion cells (single cell).The LunaSol 20 consists of 3 ea. Nichia 310DS LED's in a series string driven at ~18 mA by a BBM converter. The Osram Golden Dragon LED in center is driven at ~400 mA by a GD driver as mentioned above.

The LunaSol 20 has a 1" max diameter and is 3 1/2" long. It is all titanium on the exterior like the other Ti lights I have built. It is a PD (piston drive) and you have a low flood from the Nichias followed with the addition of a collimated beam from the Dragon as you shift from low to high via the piston depression for momentary activation or twisting of the head for constant on.

The window is 2 mm thick sapphire. It is of the larger diameter which I determined was required to avoid any possible errors in seal. There is a green H3 vial in the piston of these.

All of these lights sport some tool marks and various cosmetic singularities. The reflectors have some marks and indications of contact during rework and assembly on their front faces. This simply could not be avoided and does not effect the function of any of the LED's or their beams.

Note: I have gone to the Lee Spring for the battery spring in these pistons. I have been using the softer Lee Spring in my personal LS 20 now for months and I find it easier on the hand and still dependable. You still have additional force (thanks to Kilroy) getting from low to high but the effort for low is noticeably less force required and the total effort for holding high on momentary is reduced as well as a result. I consider this an incremental improvement and thank whoever it was who brought these springs to our attention!

None of these LunaSol 20's should be considered shelf queen caliber or concourse in appearance. That is not to say that you can't bring them to such a state if you have nothing better to do. :) I wouldn't and obviously haven't.

If you receive one of these lights and decide that it does not meet your expectation then you can either lower your expectations or simply send the light back for a full refund. I won't offer an exchange for probably obvious reasons.

LS-20-Dragon-HeadOn.jpg

LS-20-B.jpg

Like all of my Ti lights, the LunaSol 20 is designed to be sealed from the environment and external pressure but I make no claim or suggestion that it is a dive or underwater light.

LunaSol 20 - $495 plus shipping*

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order.

If you actually read this far, there is an added ripple to this wave:

EDIT: These BB's are all spoken for. All gone.

LS20-BB-Sand.jpg

LS20-BB-crystal.jpg

In addition to the 50 "stock" LunaSol 20's mentioned and offered above, I have 4 of these cosmetically altered lights as pictured in the two images directly above. These are identical to stock with the exception that the piston, sleeve and clip have been bead blasted and treated to some additional surface texturing.

If you want one of these, they are $520 plus shipping and please state in the subject line you want a LunaSol 20 BB
These are also on a first come first serve basis and should you want one of these as a first choice but a stock unit otherwise, please indicate this some coherent way in your e-mail request. Something like: LunaSol 20 BB or stock LS20 if BB is gone.

For all I know, I am the only one who likes how these look and I might end up owning all of them by default. :eek:

Last edited:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: June Wave of LunaSol 20's

Email Sent!

BB looks nice, but a plain jane is what I'm after!

-Mayo:tinfoil:

mendhammarsh

Enlightened

Hello Don,

Email & PP sent. Thank you for putting this flashlight up for sale.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,
Well there is more interest than I expected on these so it will take some time to get caught up with the order requests. I am going to eat some lunch first and then get back to it. The bead blasted units are all spoken for which also came as a surprise. Thanks and please let me get some food in me and I'll be back....

hel

Newly Enlightened

email sent, 1st McGizmo. Thank you in advance, Drew

I'mGatMan!

Newly Enlightened

In at 9:15pm. I hope I made the wave. I'll be VERY upset if I missed it for eating dinner. :shakehead:scowl:

dhshark

Newly Enlightened

Just got off work, hoping to catch this wave. E-mail sent.

Last edited:

Rico801

Newly Enlightened

The BB units look very nice! Very bad timing for me as I have no dinero.