Bad repair service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else had a bad experience with Arc's repair service? I sent my two Arc AAA's in for repair about 4 weeks ago and just got them back today. Both lights are not even repaired. One of them still doesn't turn on once in a while, and the other still has battery acid remains in the body tube. What gives?

paintballdad

Enlightened
I needed a replacement foam retainer and o ring for an Arc AAA, contacted Arc about 2 weeks ago and was told to send a self addressed stamped envelope and a note with my request. Sent it 2 weeks ago and still haven't received anything in the mail.

So i called and just got off the phone with them. I was told that they never got my request and that i would have to send in another self addressed stamped envelope. WOW!

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Hmm interesting. Its been pretty slow over there recently. This isn't the type of service that Arc used to offer! I do hope this changes...

fyrstormer

Banned
How strange. Arc has responded favorably to every little thing I've pestered them about, from bits that weren't machined just the way I'd like to sending spare O-rings.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
So it looks like Arc's customer service is still just as good as before, maybe even better! Peter has offered to send me 2 new lights to replace my malfunctioning ones. On top of that, i get to keep my older lights as well! Thanks Peter!

tricker

Enlightened
had a similar problem with a non-functioning light.....eventually just asked for refund.....arc seems to have lights that last for 10s of year, then some less than 10 minutes

shane1

Enlightened
Customer service was great for me recently. I just bought an Arc6 with guarded sleeve and what arrived was an Arc6 with NGS. It also had a few nicks on the head. I contacted them and sent them pics. Within a few days I received the correct light in the mail with a tritium vial installed and a pre-paid return envelope for the other.

SUGGESTION: I think the first light may have been damaged in transit because when both of the lights arrived, the battery was not in it's slot in the box. I think that if the battery gets loose, it may roll around and touch the light.

COMMENT ON LIGHT: It is one of my favorite lights, and I have many. I have a number of custom, McGizmos of all types, etc and this light is up there as one of my favorites. Useful light and nice tint.

Thanks,

shane

Status
Not open for further replies.