• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

25% discount 1 year e-commerce anniversary

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
The description show:
INCLUDED ACCESSORIES:
Spare O-rings (x2)
5v 1A USB power adapter
Micro-USB Cable
Car Charger
three (3) 3400mAh 18650 Olight batteries

Not sure but looks like the kit already comes with three (3) 3400mAh 18650 Olight batteries for $123.75, you don't need to purchase the optional 2600 mAh batteries and I assume it also includes the holster and the plastic carrying case which are not listed in the accessories list.

I received the light today (fast shipping by Olight), but there are no batteries with the light. The light shipped via Priority Mail so it had to go on a plane. I'm assuming (hoping) that because of this the batteries had to ship separately, but I never received any info about this from Olight when the light shipped.

If I have to buy the 3400mAh batteries separately, that would make the cost of the light $183.15 (amazon price $149.95). If that's the case the light will go back.

Sent an email to Olight, waiting for clarification.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
I received the light today (fast shipping by Olight), but there are no batteries with the light. The light shipped via Priority Mail so it had to go on a plane. I'm assuming (hoping) that because of this the batteries had to ship separately, but I never received any info about this from Olight when the light shipped.

If I have to buy the 3400mAh batteries separately, that would make the cost of the light $183.15 (amazon price $149.95). If that's the case the light will go back.

Sent an email to Olight, waiting for clarification.

:popcorn:False advertisement!.. Now, if you sent it back, you still need to spend extra $$, unless they accept their mistake and mail you a Return label. I noticed they added the holster to the list of accessories but now the price is $165.00
http://www.olightstore.com/led-flashlights/safety-and-self-defense/olight-sr52-ut-intimidator-kit

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this offer is from the U.S. distributor, and my invoice says free shipping is via USPS, I'd assume they ship from Georgia.

Just curious -- has anyone received a shipping notice?

I've never ordered from them before, and curious how long they take, but I'd assume they were slammed by the sale.

I received shipping notice from olight.. It will be shipped from GA.

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
:popcorn:False advertisement!.. Now, if you sent it back, you still need to spend extra $$, unless they accept their mistake and mail you a Return label. I noticed they added the holster to the list of accessories but now the price is $165.00
http://www.olightstore.com/led-flashlights/safety-and-self-defense/olight-sr52-ut-intimidator-kit

They probably added the holster because I asked about it in the 'Product Questions' section of the light.

I called the number this morning on the Olightstore website to ask about the batteries. I talked to a nice gal who apologized about the mix up and explained how hectic things were at their end because of the sale. She said she would package up the 3 batteries immediately and send me an email with updated order status and shipping confirmation.

I received the email about 5 minutes later with tracking info. They're actually sending me 3 of the 3600mAh batteries instead of the 3400's. I guess it's a bit of a mystery as to what's under the wrapper of their 3600 batts, but props to Olightstore and the nice gal I spoke with for the quick fix and friendly service over the phone.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
They probably added the holster because I asked about it in the 'Product Questions' section of the light.

I called the number this morning on the Olightstore website to ask about the batteries. I talked to a nice gal who apologized about the mix up and explained how hectic things were at their end because of the sale. She said she would package up the 3 batteries immediately and send me an email with updated order status and shipping confirmation.

I received the email about 5 minutes later with tracking info. They're actually sending me 3 of the 3600mAh batteries instead of the 3400's. I guess it's a bit of a mystery as to what's under the wrapper of their 3600 batts, but props to Olightstore and the nice gal I spoke with for the quick fix and friendly service over the phone.
Great to know everything worked out just fine, I was hesitating about ordering any products from Olight Store due to this issue. Anyhow, it doesn't matter what's under the wrapper of the 3600 mAh batteries, you still got a good price at $123.75.

TheIntruder

Newly Enlightened
I received shipping notice from olight.. It will be shipped from GA.

I finally did as well. Tracked the package all the way up to "out for delivery," but for some unknown reason, the postman never dropped it off along with the other mail, which included another package.

Now, status is "available for pickup." WTF?

Does Olight ship signature required? Someone was home all day, no doorbell ring, no missed delivery slip, nadda.

This is squarely on the USPS, but if they're going to be the carrier of choice, I'm gonna have to more carefully consider where I order from in the future, preferably not involving the postal service.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally did as well. Tracked the package all the way up to "out for delivery," but for some unknown reason, the postman never dropped it off along with the other mail, which included another package.

Now, status is "available for pickup." WTF?

Does Olight ship signature required? Someone was home all day, no doorbell ring, no missed delivery slip, nadda.

This is squarely on the USPS, but if they're going to be the carrier of choice, I'm gonna have to more carefully consider where I order from in the future, preferably not involving the postal service.

Maybe they will delivery on tuesday.. I have good experience with USPS, never had a lost package.

TheIntruder

Newly Enlightened
No signature was required for either of my packages. Sounds like the postman just screwed up.

Thanks, that's what I suspected.

For the most part, we've traditionally had pretty good carriers, but some time in that last few years, they started to rotate them, and their routes up periodically. I guess we've got a not so good one again. At one point, it got bad enough that I cancelled magazine subscriptions because they wouldn't all be delivered.

Used to be that you'd have one carrier whom you'd develop a rapport with, and thank during the holidays with a small token. Doesn't seem applicable any more.

Too bad, because as the USPS angles for special contracts like Sunday deliveries for Amazon, they're falling short in their regular duties, which includes last mile handoff deliveries for other courier services.

Last edited:

Smegheaaad

Newly Enlightened
Having dabbled in Olight's anniversary sale, I'll say this: the S1 looks like a remarkably tiny, well-built piece of equipment. It's bloody amazing; if anything, it's actually too small.

What's a pity is that I ordered an S1A.

Getting zero response from Olight's online customer service avenues has been less than helpful. Am I really expected to have to call to get any attention? The time difference between EST and here versus my typical morning schedule makes that difficult.

Edit: after trying the website and all 3 public 'contact us' addresses, I'm finally in touch with them at [email protected]. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts