My SF E1L vs. garbage disposal!!

H2Orower

Enlightened
My wife was insisting that our garbage disposal wasn't working properly and complaining that it was not adequately chopping up the lemon pieces she had put in. "Perhaps the blades are no longer sharp enough", she said. To investigate the matter, she grabbed my E1L out of the kitchen drawer and proceeded to "accidentally" drop it into the running machine. As you can see, the blades were plenty strong and sharp, and did a number on my little $139 hard anodized flashlight. The light might not be pretty to look at any longer, but it still works just fine.

img2906u.jpg

img2898o.jpg

img2897o.jpg

img2891f.jpg

img2912n.jpg

Last edited:

copperfox

Enlightened
Don't put $140 flashlights in the kitchen drawer. Now you know why.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
O man, that is too funny.

Like others said, time for a new light.

If it wasn't for the broken lens that would be a great beater.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am positive she is glad you dropped in down there.
Can you imagine if SHE did the dropping?
Not a pretty sight.

Vesper

Enlightened
How sad. That's surprising it surevived that kind of beating (or maybe it isn't). Anyone want to start a "Can it survive the garbage disposal thread"?

...I just realized I misspelled survived but I'll leave it as is... :grin2:

Last edited:

foxtrot824

Enlightened
What is every one talking about this light is just getting broken in :D There are more ginger ways to do it but this works

Gatsby

Enlightened
Wow. I've dropped a few pieces of silverware, utensils and small items (a pewter shot glass got rather chewed up...) but that one takes the cake!

Impressive that it still works and I agree - it does look totally kick butt now.

wingnut86

Banned
Just file down the sharp edges, and replace the glass, and your good to go. And if you JB Weld the clip back on, it'll be a custom light...

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i recommend re testing the garbage disposal with one of her favorite shoes.

JohnF

Enlightened
Reminds me of the 'Will it Blend?' series. This one beat the blender. SF should be notified of this.

John F

ash211

Newly Enlightened
Send it to Surefire with a detailed description of what happened and they will probably send you a new one. They will use your story to show everyone how tuff their lights are.

Latest posts