My Stories

toughpinoy

Newly Enlightened
So I bought a 3AA cell mini mag a few years back and used it for my late night fishing trips. I thought it was pretty bright but i was never really introduced to a good quality torch before. One day my friend pulls out a fenix L2D and it quickly put my mini mag to shame. So I was walking around a FRY's electronic and saw a LED lenser P7 and went home and read a bunch of reviews about this torch and decided to buy it :twothumbs. I carried that thing around everywhere. The only problem i had with it was that it was a little too fat. But we were . My family and friends would always laugh at me and ask my why i carried that thing everywhere.

One day we were at a party and it was late at night and after we said grace we all started to eat... suddenly the power goes out and no one could see. A few people brought out their cell phones:thumbsdow and tried to illuminate the dinner table so we could at least get our food... So i reach down into my pocket and shined the light on the ceiling...:naughty: a few of the guests (friends and family) looked up and thought the lights came back on and started to clap... lol. So i after a few compliments and a envious father and uncle (who always go fishing) they were asking if they could have the torch... The lights came back on and a few of my uncles asked me where i got it, and how much i bought it for... After i told them the price, they just said "for a flashlight? that's too expensive..." They just don't now how to appreciated a good quality torch.

My second story takes place in an an elevator. I was with my cousins and a couple of strangers... and the elevator suddenly stops and the light goes out. The strangers (who were women) suddenly begin to panic and i bring out my P7 and i heard one of the women whisper out thank God. My cousins were all patting my back and were like "daaaaaang phillip saving the day with your flashlight" After the power came back on 10 minutes later one of the girls asked me "so do you like carry that thing around all day?" and i told her "i never leave home without it" haha

My third story was during a fishing trip with my family and we went out to the bay. We were on our boat and the sun began to go down. We were pretty far out and the sun was going down pretty fast. Suddenly we found ourselves with no more sunlight. We tried turning on our on board spot light but for some reason it wasn't turning on. By that time i added a few torches to my arsenal and pulled out my p7, p14, and my fenix LD20. My brother-in-law couldn't believe how bright and far throwing my p7 and p14 went out and he couldn't believe how bright a couple of small flashlights could be.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: and a great 1st post! I own the LED Lenser P5 and P14, the P5 is a great little light, you might want to take a look at it as a replacement for the P7, it runs on 1xAA/NiMH and is slimmer than the P7.

ASheep

Enlightened
:welcome: You've found some kindred spirits here toughpinoy, many of us never leave home without a flashlight or two, or three...
The LED lenser P7 was my first quality light too :) It saved the day many times before I found this place, now it (sadly) only sees occasional use due to the icy cold tint.
Enjoy your time here toughpinoy, this place is full of great people, great lights, and great stories just like yours!

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Aloha kabayan. Just watch your wallet now. This place is very addictive but very informative.

By the way, nice torches you have there. :welcome:.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
and the elevator suddenly stops and the light goes out. The strangers (who were women) suddenly begin to panic and i bring out my P7 and i heard one of the women whisper out thank God.

Why do you carry a flashlight all the time? => thank god
People go from saying one thing to another quite different thing when a situation like that arises. The thing is that until they really need it they don't see the value in being prepared and stuck in a dark elevator isn't really the ideal time to go out and buy a flashlight and start carrying it everyday - you really need to have done that before you find yourself stuck in the dark.

I work with computers and there is a similar concept: Backups - when the hard disk dies you then wish you had been prepared by doing regular backups, but now it is too late for that.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
. . . one of the girls asked me "so do you like carry that thing around all day?"

So I'm guessing you didn't get a date out of it !

Typical reaction mind you. A good riposte would be to invite her to open up her handbag and justify all the items she carries around all day.

:welcome: You've found some kindred spirits here toughpinoy, many of us never leave home without a flashlight or two, or three...
I've stopped counting the number of times I've helped folks out of predicaments because I had a good quality pocket light on me. We probably all have stories about when our little lights saves somebody's bacon (or at least, prevented it from being fried).

Never apologize for carrying two or more illumination tools. (I believe the mantra goes something along the lines of..."Two is one and one is none.")

:welcome:

Burgess

Flashaholic
I enjoyed your stories.

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:
_