3 LED/3AA flashlight

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RonM:

Same search also produced these interesting little lights. Uses 3 LR44 buttons like the Pelican. Goes for $15. They also offer a 50 pack of the button batts for $12.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Ron, don't get this one. I have seen and tried it around 6 months ago. This LED is very dim for some reason. May be it got bad batteries. I've tried several of them and none of them is bright.

Alan

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:

Nice looking lights, gold plated contacts too. Paid $20- on reflection I think that was a bit much. I wish I`d have known of that site before
frown.gif

No idea who makes them yet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris, you don't want to know how much I could get this in local store. That's less than $6.

Alan

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just now got a response from Energizer, and it appears to be the exact same "form letter" that others have received.

I wrote:

Dear Eveready,

Is there any hope for an "AAA" lithium cell in the 'ol crystal ball?
I operate the world's largest independent flashlight testing site, and I
see a lot of lights use "AAA" cells - and I wouldn't mind having these
things for my DPSS green laser pointer as well.

Thank you for your time.

And they responded with:

Dear Craig,

Thank you for visiting Energizer's Web site and also for your interest in our lithium batteries.

Unfortunately, we do not manufacture "AAA" lithium cells. At this time, we
are only manufacturing "AA" and 9 volt lithium batteries. I would recommend
that you periodically visit our Web site to determine whether or not we will
be manufacturing an "AAA" lithium cell in the future. In the meantime, I
have forwarded your comments to Energizer's Product Design and Development
Team for future consideration.

Hopefully, this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for visiting our Web site. Please feel free to contact us with future questions, comments, or concerns.

Heather
Energizer Consumer Relations

Funny thing is I *never* visited their website. That's what gave this away as a "form letter" rather than a personal response.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. That's the same form letter that I got to. Makes you wonder if they even bothered to actually read the email or if they just wanted to get rid of you. When you get a form letter it just makes you feel like you wasted your time in even sending the email in the first place. Oh, well. Unless they lied, they said that they forwarded my email along, so maybe it wasn't a total waste of time.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 1 1/2 months ago I phoned them to ask about the AAA lithiums...they sent me two coupons for free batts...each one has a maximum value of $3.49. Ph # 1-800-383-7323

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> --from Telephony:
Funny thing is I *never* visited their website. That's what gave this away as a "form letter" rather than a personal response.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thought it was a form letter when the format skipped to the next line to print "lithium batteries"... at least they bother to fill in the blank space with your subject...
...so I think a human did read it...(I didn't visit the website either)

SteveY

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Chris, you don't want to know how much I could get this in local store. That's less than $6.

Alan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alan

Could you post me the address and phone no. of the shop you bought your clip light?

The next time I am in HK I will pick it up or ask a friend to get it for me.

thanks

Seth

Newly Enlightened
ghost, I own one of those 3-LED cliplights since 2 months.

For it´s size, the brightness is good, easily brighter than my orange Photon II ( the only other LED-light I have for comparision ).

It´s waterproof, at least to bath-tub depths
wink.gif

The LEDs itself are housed inside a reflector, but that´s no high-tech thingie, the manufacturer simply chromed the plastic.

Seems like these are the normal 5,600mcd Nichia´s, a little bit overdriven judged by the slightly blueish tint of the beam.
Besides this, the beam is completely round and smooth.

To turn it on, simply twist the head until it "clicks", can be done with one hand.

One fact telephony might like in particular: It has a separate battery-holder, and the contacts between this holder and the PCB are *spring-loaded*, so they won´t wear the contact-area on the PCB.

The clip has jagged teeth on it, attaches firmly to almost anything, even to fingers ( ouch!!! )
grin.gif

I took some pix of this light ( battery holder, business end, beam shape and so on ). I´m working on a way to publish them here, stay tuned
smile.gif

Seth

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SteveY:
Alan

Could you post me the address and phone no. of the shop you bought your clip light?

The next time I am in HK I will pick it up or ask a friend to get it for me.

thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, the $6 is not for clip light. It's for the light in the picture Ron posted. Chris mentioned that he got one at $15 in ebay. In fact, I have checked earlier today, the price for Chris's light has been dropped to $2.60. A new model with same look but 2 LEDs priced at $6.20. I didn't get it because I am not interested in LR44 setup.

The clip light with 3-point headband priced at $20.00. After 30 seconds barganing, I got it at $15.00.

Interestingly, I also found a Batonlite *copy-cat*, it is priced at $12.00. However, I found that the quality is bit rough and he told me he just sold 10 of them to a cop! I showed my original Batonlite to the shop owner, he is impressed. In terms of brightness, it is also the same as the original though.

Alan

Latest posts