Run-Time Plot - Dorcy AAA

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is for a Dorcy L.E.D. flashlight that uses one AAA alkaline battery. A Duracell Ultra AAA battery was used.

Equipment used is a Extech Mdl 401021 Light Adapter into a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface that is using Scopeview software (V1.08).

The vertical axix is nt mVDC and is equivalent to one Footcandle per mVDC. The horizontal axis is 30 minutes per division.

Be aware that your actual battery milage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

The runtime to 50% max brightness = 3 hours 51 minutes
dorcy.jpg

Quasar

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Roy,

Great timing for me, as I just picked one up at Target. They were just putting up the Dorcy's which included the 1AAA, 1AA 3LED, and the 2AA 4LED. I was really on the fence between the 1AA and the 1AAA. Opted for the 1AAA for it's handier size, but was concerned with the runtime being too short. Looking at the graph, I'm glad I did.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our Wally World just got them in!
Picked up one to compare against the Arc AA I have. The Dorcy head is the same size as the Arc AA head with a narrower body. The beam is not as nice but--what do you want for 5-6 bucks?
Thanks for the runtime plot, now I can answer questions about it.