• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (CLOSED) 3x168A 750 Lumens Stinger kit w/1318 1166 or Axial

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi folks,
Everybody remembers the 2x168 Stinger upgrading kit
This is 3 cell version kit that will allow you to enjoy your Stinger brightness while get one full hour burn time per charge. This kit will increase length of Stinger about 70mm. If you are using Stinger HP models, use WA1318, 1331 or 1166 bulb and if you are using non HP models, use my axial fillament 22 watt bulb.
Remember, both Super Stinger and Ultra Stinger use 10 watt bulbs while you can use 20 watt bulbs with this set up. So brightness of your Stinger HP will be even more than UltraStinger and brightness of your non HP Stinger will be more than SuperStinger while size/weight is smaller/lighter and burn time is same (one hour) or even more with WA1306 bulb. For maximum brightness WA1318 is recommended. (HP models only)
Simply unscrew and remove Stainless steel negative contact ring off from anodized aluminum tube. Drop 3 Pila 168A or 168S negative side down, then replace steel cap and istall in the Stinger.
No tools or skills needed and won't take more than 2 minutes. Best of all, it's allways reversable.
3x168AStinger007.jpg

StingerPilaadapter006.jpg

Installing Pila batteries.

StingerPilaadapter007.jpg

Installing stainless steel negative cap.

3x168AStinger004.jpg

Battery adapter kit will work instead of original battery and tail cap.
Will not work on XT models.
Requires three Pila 168A (recommended) or three 168S or even three 17670
Current draw is about 2 Amps and burn time with 168A about 60 minutes using 1318, 1331 or 1166 bulb.
I also offer Boro lens service FOR NON HP MODELS. Just send your Stinger head to my Paypal address, and I will send it back along with adapter after installed Boro lens or get a brand new standard head with Boro lens installed.
I have got some axial fillament bulb which is made by Carley Lamps exclusively for Fivemega. This will give you beautiful circle hot spot with nice side spill.
$34 battery adapter
$6 1166 bulb (OUT OF STOCK)
$6 1331 bulb
$12 axial 22 watt bulb (FOR NON HP MODELS)
$12 Boro lens service (FOR NON HP MODELS)
$22 Boro lens installed new head/reflector (FOR NON HP MODELS)
$122 New Stinger flashlight with adapter, installed Boro lens and axial bulb (No battery or charger included)
$3 shipping to all 50 States (with delivery confirmation)
$6 shipping internationaly. (no confirmation available)
Paypal: DO NOT PAY
Please post your detailed request here followed by paypal and include your CPF ID in paypal. For example:
:paypal: for 1 adapter, 1 Axial and boro service.
Any comment or recommendation welcome and appreciated.

Last edited:

dash8

Newly Enlightened
Re: 3x168A 750 Lumens Stinger kit w/1318 1166 or A

Here we go again!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif for:

$34 1 battery adapter.
$14 1 axial 22 watt bulb.
$9 1 1318 bulb.
$22 1 Boro lens installed new head/reflector.
$3 shipping.

$82 total.

Any possibilty of a Boro lens on the HP?

Thanks Fivemega.

G.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

I recommend everyone to get one of these when they are available from Fivemega. You will get a hard time picking them up later. There is a good reason you don't see much stuff from Fivemega being sold in B/S/T.

These can also be used with PolyStinger, but it looks a little bit corny since the body diameter is larger than on the normal Stinger. However I do not recommend using PolyStinger with the Axial bulb since the head becomes very hot (I am not going to try to see if the head melts, but believe that it can). If using PolyStinger, only use the HP head.
Fivemega forgot to mention a great improvement from his 2x168 Stinger adapter, you can now replace the batteries without removing the adapter from the body. The adapter now has a removable tailcap:

Pila3HPStinger.jpg

Just remember to thighten it real good when putting it back to make good contact, or else you may find that your light will not turn on.

I think the 1306 bulb is the only bulb that you can run for an extended period of time without melting stuff, and 100 minutes of runtime is also very nice. The other bulbs are for short bursts, e.g. when showing off the light to your friends. I held my hand 3 inches from the head when using the axial bulb, and I had to remove it after 10 seconds because it started to burn. The axial bulb is no throw king compared to the other bulbs, but the beam is perfectly round and very nice, and it lights up a very large area. It is the nicest beam I have seen from a non-frosted bulb.
It is to light at night here now, so I will have to wait for clody weather before doing some quality outdoor testing.

If anyone wonders, without HP head, the light will have the exact same lenght as a Mag 2D and with HP head the light will have the exact same length as a Mag 3C. It may appear longer in pictures, but that is just because it is so skinny.

Sigbjoern

bobbo

Newly Enlightened

Hi Fivemega,

1 x batt. adapter - 34.00
1 x 1166 bulb - 6.00
3 x 1318 bulbs - 27.00
shipping - 3.00
TOTAL: 70.00

Thanks, PayPal sent

stein

Newly Enlightened

FM-
I'll take:

1 x battery adapter $34
2 x 1166 $12
2 x 1318 $18
2 x axial 22W bulb $28
Shipping $ 3
Total $95

It may be time for a high temp socket for the Stinger series!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

This looks great (really great!), but my Stinger HP is the camoflage model. I don't suppose a camo tube is available, is it? (should I even ask?)

How about the past mod you were offering for use with two pilas, got any more of those around? I'd like to keep the camo looking stock, but want it to be a bit brighter now that it's been heavily shamed by your Mag mods.

Finally, will the stock charger work with this or the 2 pila mod?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

How important do you think it is to get the bora upgrade? I'm assuming it handles the heat better than stock, but is it absolutely necessary?

redbird

Enlightened

I am kinda confused. I have the basic stinger. Actually we have 2 of them. I also have the large head but prefer the smaller head. So, the question is: Which setup is recommended in that applicaton? Then, will the brightness be 750 lumens or do we need to use the larger head?

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

dash8 paid and shipped
bobbo paid and shipped
stein paid
-------------
Trashman,
Sorry, no camo and no more 2 cell version left. Original charger will not work with any lithium-ion cells.
this_is_nascar,
Original plastic lens will burn out in short time even with 2 cell version. Boro lens is scratch proof too.
redbird,
For standard head you will need an axial fillament bulb and for HP (large head) you can use 1318 which will produce 750 lumens at 10.6 volts.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

My HP has a plastic lens, and I don't see any mention of Boro lens service for the HP, isn't the lens going to melt? Also, I don't even know how I'd get a boro lens in there. It looks like I'd have to cut or push the plastic lens out, but putting in a glass lens doesn't look easy, unless there a rubber o'ring type of "sock" that fits around the outside of the lense which will hold it in when you push it in. Got any lumens number for the smaller one?

oklalawman

Enlightened

Dang... more money to fivemega. But the stinger hp with
the 1318 would probably melt the lense in less than, oh 5 minutes wouldnt it???

redbird

Enlightened

PP sent

$34 1 battery adapter.
$28 2 axial 22 watt bulb.
$9 1 1318 bulb.
$22 1 Boro lens installed new head/reflector.
$3 shipping.

$96 total.

I too am wondering about a boro lens for the HP. Might just as well do it this mod should be in great demand.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

More questions: Do you (fivemega, anybody) think the Streamlight charging unit would work with this if instead of using the Streamlight transformer that goes to the charger flashlight mount, a multicell fast charger is used?

Does anybody know if the Streamlight bulbs are color-coded? I've always been suspicious that the person I bought my HP from switched out the HP bulb with the regular stinger bulb. To further my suspicions, I saw a replacement HP bulb being sold on ebay and the base of it was blue or purple (I'm a little color blind) and the base on the bulb in my light is white.

Anybody interested in selling fivemega's original 2 Pila mod after they receive this one?

oklalawman

Enlightened

The streamlight stinger charges is set up for Nimh not lion batteries so no it would not work. The stinger HP and Ultra stinger bulbs (current production) are indeed color coded. Previously rhey were all white. It you have and older lights
(stinger HP) it will indeed have a white base instead of the current blue ones.

Sell one of my 2 cell lion adapters........hell aint got that cold yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought maybe the dock was nothing more than a way to connect the light to the charger (transformer going into the wall) and that maybe it didn't contain any circuits inside. And if it was connected to a charger capable of charging Li-ions (and not the NiMh charging transformer), then maybe it would work.

Has anybody melted the lens off of their HP yet with this mod?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
How important do you think it is to get the bora upgrade? I'm assuming it handles the heat better than stock, but is it absolutely necessary?

[/ QUOTE ]

FiveMega, can you respond?

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

For the Axial bulb it is absolutely necessary! I even remember someone destroying the stock lense by running the TL-3 bulb continously for a long time, so I bought one extra boro head for this setup.

Sigbjoern

redbird

Enlightened

I am very surprised at the apparent lack on interest in this mod. I was wondering if the longer form factor is turning people off?

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

dash8 paid and shipped
bobbo paid and shipped
stein paid and shipped
redbird paid and shipped
-------------
Trashman,
HP head plastic lens can be pushed in or out because it's flexable but Boro is not.
I have used fully charged healthy 168As on HP model with WA1318. After 5 minutes continuous runing, plastic lens was not comfortable to touch with slight sign of deforming. (Room temperature of 24C)
After 10 minutes, deforming was little more.
After 35 minutes, no further lens damage but uncomfortable to touch even tail cap.
After 58 minutes, turned off and no further damage.
In order to recharge this unit in original cradle, you will need not only controlled current, proper voltage wall unit, but may need to remove or bypass diode from switch assembly.
this_is_nascar,
For standard (non HP) Stingers, it is absolutely necessary to use Boro lens because distance of bulb is too close compare to HP models.
I have seen many cases that original bulb (6 watt) melted plastic lens if left on for long time.
redbird,
I am sure, will receive many PM requesting one of these, after run out.