The River Rock Lantern

10mmWiseman

Newly Enlightened
What a cool little lantern this is. You may want to wear sunglasses if you happen to look into it's general direction though. :candle:

Picked it up tonight at Target and as noted all their LED's are on sale, 10% off so it comes to $17.99, it is a real good deal. I can't say enough good things about this lantern, I think I will go back and pick up 2 more while Target is still running their sale, it really is a handy little thing. :popcorn:

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note there is a review and discussion about this lantern in the reviews section.

-john

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The RR Jupiter LED Lantern it's a MYTH! Call the Mythbusters ASAP!!

They were never manufactured. It is an internet HOAX broadcasted by CPF and Flashlight Reviews. Have you ever seen a River Rock official website!?? NO? I thought so... they don't exist!

I've seen the Coleman and eveready lantern at Target, but the RR it's just a ghost story in Austin. Even Inovas and other common RR lights disappeared around here...

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I think the reason why 'River Rock' doesn't have a website is that they are just a importer/reseller of Nuwai products. 'Aurora' is another rebranded Nuwai light.

The products do indeed exist in all of the local Targets in the Okla City area. It doesn't appear that any of the stores have restocked, I guess I'm just fortunate that most of the locals here don't look past the 'purty' Maglites on the shelf.

not2bright

Enlightened
I have found the RR lanterns readily available in the St. Louis area Target stores. For that matter, the whole RR lineup can be found here.

The stores have been picked over from time to time. I think there is another CPF'er hunting the same area. The RR 2 aaa, and lantern are usually more depleted and the 2 AA and 2 C are accumulating dust on the shelf. :-D

PrimiToad

Newly Enlightened
The Target here in Monroe, Louisiana had a whole slew of RR products including the lanterns. The stock (which didn't last long) has been depleted for about 2 weeks now so I'm wondering if they're ever going to replenish it.

As of this last Monday they had only the small RR keychain lights. No other RR items at all.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Target in Gardena, California has the R.R. Lanterns on sale until 10/22/2005.

There are 2 in stock.

Checked the price, $17.99 without tax.

Zen

Newly Enlightened
I am a newbie to the forum. And I must say reading this forum is very addictive.

After hearing all the good things about the RR latern, I went to 5 Target stores in the Bay Area in California with no luck. :mad: And finally I went to the one on Stroy road San Jose and found the last two. :party:
Indeed the latern is very bright considered its small size. I absolutely love it.

Thanks to everyone who recommended it on the forum.

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened
Zen said:
After hearing all the good things about the RR latern, I went to 5 Target stores in the Bay Area in California with no luck. :mad: And finally I went to the one on Stroy road San Jose and found the last two.

For other California / Bay Area collectors! As of Wednesday Oct. 19th the Sunnyvale Target (Old Town Center Mall) had two lanterns left on the peg, I purchased one of the three they had for myself.

Only one AAA .5 watt silver River Rock was left, I puchased the other!

vic303

Enlightened
None at the Target in Allen TX last Saturday when I checked. :(
I'm looking for the AA version or maybe the C one.

Canuke

Enlightened
The Target on Sepulveda in the San Fernando Valley just got restocked; lots of everything, including the RR lantern and many Inovas, as of tonight (10/20). I picked up one of the AAA River Rock lights.

wwglen

Enlightened
BEpsilon,

PM me and I will see what I can do about the energizer accent lights.

My Big Lots had 3-4 packages (3 per pack) for $8.88.

wwglen

10mmWiseman

Newly Enlightened
For those of you having trouble finding the RR stuff at Target.

Target has a very odd layout with their flashlights, they seem to actually have 2 sections for them. In the camping section they have some flashlights, mainly the Eddie Bauer lights, off name stuff and some Coleman stuff..... but they also have another isle (usually tucked in behind the automotive section) that has all their real lights.

I don't know if this might be the reason so many are having problems locating RR's stuff but it messed with me and all the stores in my area are this way.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
10mmWiseman said:
For those of you having trouble finding the RR stuff at Target.

Target has a very odd layout with their flashlights, they seem to actually have 2 sections for them. In the camping section they have some flashlights, mainly the Eddie Bauer lights, off name stuff and some Coleman stuff..... but they also have another isle (usually tucked in behind the automotive section) that has all their real lights.

I don't know if this might be the reason so many are having problems locating RR's stuff but it messed with me and all the stores in my area are this way.

EXCELLENT post! That's the same layout at the Targets here in the Okla City area... they have a special flashlight aisle next to the Automotive Section where I found all the Inova and RR stuff.

We also had a new chain store open in our area called "Sportsmans Warehouse"... it's like a BassPro or Cabela's but had a great selection of LED flashlights and headlamps.

vic303

Enlightened
A pity the OTHER Target near by, didn't have any lanterns either. Looked in both areas, too. :(