AAA clickies

cubegleamer

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a good AAA clicky w/ a pocket clip and more than 1 mode. I have a Microstream and I think it's a solid light but I wish it had more than 1 mode. I did some research on the Preon and the clicky (sold separately) rattles. Someone suggested that I just get a Preon head and put it on the Microstream. Does anyone know if the threads are the same? Will all the modes work using the clicky? What other AAA clicky lights should I be lookng at?

JacobJones

Enlightened
I am trying to make some 1 AAA clicky lights with XML's to sell. Don't hold your breath though.

I believe lightflux used to make a 1 AAA clicky light that was very popular but they aren't available anymore

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
Someone suggested that I just get a Preon head and put it on the Microstream. Does anyone know if the threads are the same? Will all the modes work using the clicky?

Yes, the Preon head will fit the Microstream. One of my EDC lights is a Preon head on a Stylus Pro body. All the modes work with the forward clickie, plus the clip's stronger and Streamlight offers free replacement clips.

Hiro Protagonist

Enlightened
Hi cubegleamer,

Did you have a budget in mind? That would be useful in making a recommendation for you. I EDC a LF2XT - it's my favorite light. The clicky makes it much easier to use. Unfortunately, it's no longer in production but they do pop up once in a while in CPFMP.

I also use a Lumapower Avenger GX which is another nice AAA light with a clicky and a clip.

HKJ's and selfbuilt's AAA reviews are a great resource on CPF. That's where I started. Good luck with your search!

Danielsan

Enlightened
lumapower, the 4sevens preon1 rattles a bit but its not a big deal and the nice thing is you can have it in titanium, makes the rattle less hearable :)

maybe this is interesting from the 4sevens page "Spare titanium Preon "clicky" tailcap. This is the newer tailcap with the "rounded" button" So maybe the new round Version dont rattle anymore ?

Last edited: