Acebeam W30 and W10 Gen II - 2,400 and 1,200m Throw Lights

AEHaas

Newly Enlightened
These newer LEP lights have seen little coverage. I now own one of each. The W30 boasts a distance of 2400 meter while the W10 Gen II is good for half of that. The main difference is due to their levels of divergence. One has 1.8 degrees of divergence while the other is 3.1 degrees. They are unique compared to other types of lights.

The W30 puts out 500lm, the W10 Gen II puts out 450lm. They both have a very narrow beam. They are useless for close up work unless you need a pinpoint light. Even then, at less than 20 yards or so the reflected light is so bright as to be annoying rather than useful. Neither is useful as a searchlight as there is no spill at all. The W30 has shades of yellow and blue in the pattern. The W10 is actually a better, more uniform whiter light.

Their usefulness is for greater distances. At many hundreds of yards there is no better small light to see objects brightly. At the lesser distances the W10 with it's wider beam is more useful though less bright - but still very, very bright.

The W10 could be an EDC and is easy to charge externally without removing the battery. Standard are 21700 batteries (included) but 18650s can also be used.

As a show piece, neither can be outdone. They are both most impressive.

Every car keychain has it's own AA sized EDC in our household for the usual work. When I may need extra pocket light it's either the W30 or W10 Gen II.

AEHaas

jrgold

Enlightened
The w40 and w50, which are supposed to come out this year, will be interesting. 6000 meters of reach for the W50 and 3000 meters reach for the W40. I have no idea what kind of form factor they will have, but I actually wish I would have picked up a w10 when I could have. That kind of throw in something that fits in your pocket is crazy. Besides, not sure what use id have for lighting up something 6 kilometers away [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daffy

Enlightened
Got both as well.
W10 Gen2. as mentioned is somewhat more usable i run mine with the green filter to diffuse the beam a bit more.
Does your W10 G2 have strobe?
Mine does

justanotherguy

Enlightened
so with that kind of distance, 500 lumen pretty much all goes on target?
I have a hard time envisioning this at 2000m

curious about the w50