• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam X45vn - ARK (25K Lumen)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Acebeam X45vn - Flood Search Light (Pre-Order)

I wanted to hold off shipping the SD orders as I want to confirm that the owners wants to keep their orders after seeing 70.2 numbers. I ordered a HUGE batch of .2 LEDs but they are not here yet. I am extremely impatient too as I have so many projects lined up for these LEDs.
This is just one example of Vinh going above & beyond for his customers! Making sure that there are no second thoughts. Insuring they get the best product for their needs, instead of rushing to fill orders & then on to the next. It's not only the best, high powered flashlights we are buying, but it's the personal service and relationships Vinh has with us!

P. S. Kool-aid will be served in the morning lounge at 10:00am.
That is all. ;)

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree. Vinh is a king of the flashlight. Always coming up with the new ideas. I am glad I found his site, else I will be struck with the bunch of cheap eBay lights and stock lights. Lol.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I mean at turn on but will drop fast
What ever happened to them thermal pads? I haven't heard you mentioning of these anymore as of late. Are there just not enough room in lights nowadays? Or they just don't help much...?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wanted to hold off shipping the SD orders as I want to confirm that the owners wants to keep their orders after seeing 70.2 numbers. I ordered a HUGE batch of .2 LEDs but they are not here yet. I am extremely impatient too as I have so many projects lined up for these LEDs.

Are there any issues with shaving the dome of an XHP 70.2? I know it's been discussed that the XHP 50.2 is not suitable for that but I can't remember if the same is true for the 70.2.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

What ever happened to them thermal pads? I haven't heard you mentioning of these anymore as of late. Are there just not enough room in lights nowadays? Or they just don't help much...?

I use it on my circuit but I just don't mention it. It's kinda like led mounted on copper. It's mandatory where must.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Are there any issues with shaving the dome of an XHP 70.2? I know it's been discussed that the XHP 50.2 is not suitable for that but I can't remember if the same is true for the 70.2.

I have not seen the led but I fear it's the same materials as xpl2 n xhp50.2

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick reply, Vinh.... I feared the same. I'm pretty sure Cree figured that since 95% or more of their LEDs will never be shaved anyway... the new LEDs not being shaveable isn't much of a concern to them.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't wait to see the specs and beam shot video of the .2's. Can't wait to add this to my collection!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the quick reply, Vinh.... I feared the same. I'm pretty sure Cree figured that since 95% or more of their LEDs will never be shaved anyway... the new LEDs not being shaveable isn't much of a concern to them.

OH yeah they absolutely give no crap if they are shaveable or not

gunmike1

Newly Enlightened

I'm guessing these are all spoken for? I'd be interested in a 70.2 flooder if available still.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a thrower coming in the mail, so I'm now in the market for a flooder. I'm going to wait until the XHP70.2 Neutral White numbers are posted to compare to the XHP70 SD.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I'm guessing these are all spoken for? I'd be interested in a 70.2 flooder if available still.

2 spot left in batch 2 so you are good if you want one now.

gunmike1

Newly Enlightened

2 spot left in batch 2 so you are good if you want one now.
I'd like to reserve one, and once the full specs and beam shots are out maybe finalize my choice. The specs on the XHP70 shaved dome are really impressive, but I'm leaning towards flooder. Should I place an order on your site, or just email you my information?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

I re-read Maukka's excellent review of the stock X45, with XHP70. Maukka supposes that if Acebeam had used the new XHP70.2 that it would run cooler and have more lumens. That's yet to be seen, but I have faith in Maukka.

Also, he pointed out the tint and color rendition left something to be desired, even though his sample was 5000K. Perhaps both shaved dome in the XHP70 and neutral white in the XHP70.2 may improve this.

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I re-read Maukka's excellent review of the stock X45, with XHP70. Maukka supposes that if Acebeam had used the new XHP70.2 that it would run cooler and have more lumens. That's yet to be seen, but I have faith in Maukka.

Also, he pointed out the tint and color rendition left something to be desired, even though his sample was 5000K. Perhaps both shaved dome in the XHP70 and neutral white in the XHP70.2 may improve this.

I have to admit that there aren't too many lights that get me excited. There are MANY lights that peek my interest, but this is one that has my attention.

I typically purchase a couple of lights a year and this may pass the noboneshotdog test.

Don't get me wrong there have been some great releases by Vinh with the new "ideals" etc. I may not always chime in, but you can bet your butt that I have my lurking finger on the pulse of CPF and V54. The new . 2 LEDs and this light particularly, have given good reason to post.

If we can hardly contain ourselves, Vihn must be going bananas awaiting the .2 LEDs. Sounds like he is more excited than we are. And that's a good thing. In anticipation. :twothumbs

Last edited: