Adapter to thread Dual Fuel Surefire heads onto E-series bodies?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there an adapter to thread a dual fuel head onto an E-series body? The dual fuel head is a bit larger in diameter in the thread area compared to a normal E-series body or E-series Scout Light. Does anyone make such an adapter?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the M640DF a Scout, and therefore already E Series compatible? (I don't know, it just looks like it in pictures to have a z68 tail and E threaded head). The Fury-DFT appears to be P/C Series compatible, though I have no idea. But if it is, there are adapters for E Series for P/C Series heads.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the M640DF a Scout, and therefore already E Series compatible? (I don't know, it just looks like it in pictures to have a z68 tail and E threaded head). The Fury-DFT appears to be P/C Series compatible, though I have no idea. But if it is, there are adapters for E Series for P/C Series heads.

I was going to buy one yesterday, but then I tried it on my E-series body and it was too big. I don't know if it fits P/C series, that's what I'm wondering. But yes, it does use an E-series tailcap.

Would Weltool DF2E adapter work?

I don't know, this is the first I've heard of it. Is it the same as an E to C/P adapter?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked up the Weltool adapter and it's about $15 + shipping. I don't want to buy one if I can just use an E-C adapter.

candelaking

Newly Enlightened
the Weltool adapter will be your best bet, but it is currently sold out on their website. It will allow you to use a DF head (including Modlite, Weltool, and Z-Bolt heads) on a standard M300, M600 or e series head sized threads. The E-C adapter would not work for a DF head, as the C sized threads are for your 6P/P60 sized lights. Z-Bolt offers a similar product but it is much more expensive.