Advice on my next light please

MX421

Enlightened
Question: Are you using or collecting?

If you're a tint sensitive type of user, the neutral white would be expected to float your boat. I don't know what floats anybody's boat so on the tint issue, I'm guessing.

Hence my question; are you collecting or using and what tint floats your boat?

I thought the OP wanted to try different tints since he mostly had cool whites. Hence he doesn't know if he'll like different tints. Maybe i misunderstood.

I am also interested in high CRI lights now. I noticed the difference between my H602w and a warm wizard. The wizard had problems so i sent it back and now am missing the tint!

Trying to cut back on buying lights though...

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the OP wanted to try different tints since he mostly had cool whites. Hence he doesn't know if he'll like different tints. Maybe i misunderstood.

I think we both got it right, hence why I asked if he was collecting and suggested the neutral white but I also don't know the preferences of the OP, hence my follow on comment.

Trying to cut back on buying lights though...

...:faint:...

Just saying, we can all go out and float our livers but unfortunately, that's a price also.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
These are all great suggeetions. I use and collect, and I want to try the neutral tint. I may try the BLF-348 since it's cheap. Still trying to decide on the mh20 neutral or SC62w though. Does anyone have comparisons of the beams?

MX421

Enlightened
I think we both got it right, hence why I asked if he was collecting and suggested the neutral white but I also don't know the preferences of the OP, hence my follow on comment.

Yup, we're on the same page!

These are all great suggestions. I use and collect, and I want to try the neutral tint. I may try the BLF-348 since it's cheap. Still trying to decide on the mh20 neutral or SC62w though. Does anyone have comparisons of the beams?

Although it would be a nice blend of two of my hobbies (a year ago, i wouldn't have thought of flashlight as a hobby!), but i must admit, i've been able to draw the line and have never taken any beam shots with my camera. Lucky for you that others have not drawn that line :naughty:

Some comparison beam shots are in the following threads:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ebralight-SC62-cw-and-nw-images-and-Beamshots

They are pretty close to what my SC62 (&H600) are. My H602w is similar color, but no hotspot and of course the throw pictures aren't even close on the H602w. Here is another beam shot comparison in a thread that compares the two SCs.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ight-SC600-amp-SC600W-discussion-part-2/page8

Good luck keeping the addiction down. ;)

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Thanks for the links, those were very helpful.

So I thought I found a solution, buy an sc62w, compare with my sc62 cool, then use that to make my tint decision on future lights I want such as the MH20 and the EC4S. I would have 2 awesome Zebralights as well.

I found Nightowl had sc62w's available so I ordered one over the weekend. They had to cancel my order today because their website was not updating, and they actually have none left and told me they won't be getting any more. So that was a bummer. Now I'm back to square one and not sure what to do.

The sc600 mk ii neutral is still available, but I really wanted the sc62w instead because of its size. I have also read a little bit about the sc600fd III plus XHP50. Not sure if I want to buy the sc600 mk ii since this new one sounds like it will be pretty cool. Will the new one only take unprotected 18650s like the new sc63s though?

Either way, I'm not sure what to do next, I really wanted the sc62w. Just take the chance and buy the mh20w, or just avoid neutral all together? Stick with what I know, which is cool only? Miss out on the tint that most here seem to prefer? Most of the cheap lights mentioned earlier I can't find for sale, so the only thing I've went by to compare tints is watching countless videos and pics.

Thanks all in advance.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are all great suggeetions. I use and collect, and I want to try the neutral tint. I may try the BLF-348 since it's cheap. Still trying to decide on the mh20 neutral or SC62w though. Does anyone have comparisons of the beams?

The MH20 is much closer to the SC600 series in size. It will have a tighter hotspot, more throw, and a wider spill then both the SC600 or the SC62 which are both more floody.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

MX421

Enlightened
So I thought I found a solution, buy an sc62w, compare with my sc62 cool, then use that to make my tint decision on future lights I want such as the MH20 and the EC4S. I would have 2 awesome Zebralights as well.

I found Nightowl had sc62w's available so I ordered one over the weekend. They had to cancel my order today because their website was not updating, and they actually have none left and told me they won't be getting any more. So that was a bummer. Now I'm back to square one and not sure what to do.

The sc600 mk ii neutral is still available, but I really wanted the sc62w instead because of its size. I have also read a little bit about the sc600fd III plus XHP50. Not sure if I want to buy the sc600 mk ii since this new one sounds like it will be pretty cool. Will the new one only take unprotected 18650s like the new sc63s though?

Either way, I'm not sure what to do next, I really wanted the sc62w. Just take the chance and buy the mh20w, or just avoid neutral all together? Stick with what I know, which is cool only? Miss out on the tint that most here seem to prefer? Most of the cheap lights mentioned earlier I can't find for sale, so the only thing I've went by to compare tints is watching countless videos and pics.

Get a H600w II if they are still available. I just got one from Nightowl gear a week or so ago even though it said they were on backorder. Worth a shot. Otherwise, i guess the SC63w, but i think its brighter than the SC62w, so it wouldn't be a direct comparison.

I don't know anything about the MH20w, sorry