Amber HDS?

JKolmo

Enlightened
Presto!

bd6c28d29d6ff602dd9e6e749d40b166.jpg

TomK85

Newly Enlightened
Tx! Just picked mine up today and it has some kind of paste/epoxy around the emitter. Have never seen it before at a HDS. Will share a pic asap

TomK85

Newly Enlightened
Mine has some paste around the emitter, mostly on one side. Looks like it hasn't hardened yet.

Last edited:

TheJLew85

Enlightened
I will! Won't touch it. Was just wondering why I have never seen it before. Will it eventually harden?

Its normal. It's in all of my new lights including the TI clicky I just had upgraded. It looks wet but hard as far as I can tell though I don't really mess around in there.

TomK85

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! They all look different! Had the same 'problem' with my Amber. Forgot to turn it off 😂

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol warrior of light. As soon as I read you posted that you forgot to turn off your amber light , instinctively I put my finger over the picture you posted of the led as to shield it from outside light to check if it was lit. Totally forgot it was a picture

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol warrior of light. ...Totally forgot it was a picture
:)

The HDS was on the minimum level when I took this picture. The overall light condition was not that good anymore. It was very early afternoon when I took this picture.
I have a very good camera with lenses but I do not have professional equipment to light up stuff taking pictures of things that were light up perfectly...
The reason why I "forgot" to switch my HDS off is because the LED itself could be also the red LED. Red and Amber looks more or less the same. When I have time I may take a compare shot!?

kj2

Flashaholic
Just took a quick walk with my Amber. It's amazing! Clearly see things better compared with my Hyper Red. Really easy on the eyes. And it still throws decent. For now, it's a keeper.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Amber HDS is for ne a must have. The night adaption is fair so far and the nice amber color is really adorable.

A few minutes ago I checked out Knives and Tools. They have UV and Amber Rotaries in stock. It Looks like they are really reading my "stalking emails" with information about new available HDS products.
My current plan it that they add the 2xAA and 18650 tubes to their product lineup. Guess I need to weite some additional emails to tell the this tubes are really cool :D

kj2

Flashaholic
The Amber HDS is for ne a must have. The night adaption is fair so far and the nice amber color is really adorable.

A few minutes ago I checked out Knives and Tools. They have UV and Amber Rotaries in stock. It Looks like they are really reading my "stalking emails" with information about new available HDS products.
My current plan it that they add the 2xAA and 18650 tubes to their product lineup. Guess I need to weite some additional emails to tell the this tubes are really cool :D

AA tubes.. yes please! I ordered my Amber at them. The UV is cool, but I've no use for it.

kj2

Flashaholic
Just noticed they only have one in stock atm. They had 3 Friday night. So for people in the EU, be quick! :)

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA tubes.. yes please!
Than you should also start writing them nice emails: :)
https://www.knivesandtools.de/de/ct/kundenservice.htm#impressum

It is like I said. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not worked! I wrote them a lot "notification emails" regarding new limited LED options in the past. Mostly it was working. My last email was regarding UV and Amber :D
My last email was the idea on adding 18650 and 2xAA battery compartments since most of the lights only have CR123 compartment.

We will see if it works :)

kj2

Flashaholic
Than you should also start writing them nice emails: :)
https://www.knivesandtools.de/de/ct/kundenservice.htm#impressum

It is like I said. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not worked! I wrote them a lot "notification emails" regarding new limited LED options in the past. Mostly it was working. My last email was regarding UV and Amber :D
My last email was the idea on adding 18650 and 2xAA battery compartments since most of the lights only have CR123 compartment.

We will see if it works :)
Just be able to buy spare 18650 and AA tubes would be nice. Don't need a whole new light, just the battery tube. I'm certain that they keep an eye on this forum.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just be able to buy spare 18650 and AA tubes would be nice. Don't need a whole new light, just the battery tube. I'm certain that they keep an eye on this forum.

I really guess most of the stuff that is now available @K&T is because I am stalking them in a very friendly way.

Important in the emails it is more like "A nice extension of yourHDS product lineup could be ...." or "There is a new limited LED option ... available @HDS".

I found out if I write "I'd be interested in the product.... " than I mostly get a response that no special orders for persons will be taken. Therefore I try the "This would be a nice addition for your current HDS lineup..." way.

I don't expect K&T is reading CPF or different flashlight forums. They have too much differrent products that are not flashlight related. They try to find some products other do not have...