American (USA) made flashlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

seale_navy

Enlightened
hmm... I just got the Pelican M6 #2390 updated 180 lumens version, I think its made in USA though. Because I spoke to technical support at that time, she said its made in USA. She did confirm the Pelican #2360 is made in China as well. And I have been sending her emails to enquire about Pelican products for the last 5 years..

I also called Pelican today, and they verified its made in USA as well for the M6 #2390. But anyway, I ll do more research and post here when I have more information

Marduke

Flashaholic
Due to contract requirements, most likely only the military ones. That's probably the reason they are 3x the price of the civilian version made elsewhere.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah, I was so impressed that we're probably going to offer a few of the new line. They did an excellent job on the helmet lights in particular; obviously a limited market but they showed that they are capable of some smart engineering.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yah, I was so impressed that we're probably going to offer a few of the new line. They did an excellent job on the helmet lights in particular; obviously a limited market but they showed that they are capable of some smart engineering.

Would the helmet lights be compatible with Hard hats?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Good question! I hope it will make a decent light for caving...

They already have a good caving light. The 100lm Hard Case Pro headlamp is an excellent caving light.

The hardhat one is 1xAA, and rather dim. It would make an excellent backup, but not a primary, especially the way it hangs off the side.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
Elzetta lights are made in the USA and use Malkoff light engines. Here is the quote from their website.

Where are Elzetta products made? All Elzetta products are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA using American tooling and American made materials :thumbsup:

I might have to pick one of these up.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Streamlight has really disappointed me. I have gone through most of the lights in there catalog and clicking on the 'fact sheet' pdf tells you either 'Made in China' or 'Assembled in USA' at the bottom of the sheet. I was fairly surprised how many are made in China. And even if it's 'Assembled in USA' we don't know if the body was made in another country and shipped here, or if they actually still make the bodies here and just pop in the lamp assembly that may or may not be made here. It seems that most of the smaller bodied lights (stylus, nano, microstream), headlamps, tasklights, and twintasks are made in China.

Pelican has a few products made in China as well, but not nearly as many as Streamlight. Some of their headlamps and aluminum bodied lights are foreign made. So basically for Pelican, if it looks and feels a lot like their original lights and their cases, it's probably made in USA. Even the little L1 is made in USA (great little light by the way, especially with the accessory kit).

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Well said, gallonoffuel. It is too bad that Streamlight has shipped a lot of their production overseas.

This is one of the best running threads on CPF, IMHO! :twothumbs

:thumbsup: john

Status
Not open for further replies.